New Fixed Networks research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/02/2014 -- The Czech Republic telecoms market is one of the most advanced in Central and Eastern Europe, with high penetration of both voice and data services. However operators are now facing challenging conditions as price pressures threaten margins. The market has been under many of the same pressures as in neighbouring countries with market saturation; regulatory factors, such as cuts to mobile termination rates; and the impact of the eurozone crisis on macroeconomic performance acting as drags on performance. Furthermore, the market is in a period of change with the arrival of MVNOs from 2012 and the regulator's efforts to attract a fourth operator into the market. These pro-competition measures should provide a boost to growth and innovation in a market that already contains a number of major international players including T-Mobile and Vodafone in mobile, and UPC in wireline. However, significant opportunities remain, not least in the booming wireless data market after LTE spectrum was auctioned in November 2013, and VAS opportunities arising from the rapid proliferation of smartphone ownership.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Mobile subscription growth is decelerating after the boost in 2012 and H113 following the arrival of MVNOs. Total subscriptions increased 1.1% y-o-y to almost 14.4mn Q214, compared to 2.9% y-o-y growth to Q213.
- Mobile ARPU rates were down sharply in 2012 and 2013 due to MTR cuts and price competition but operator data indicates stabilisation in H114.
- The broadband market was the fastest growth market in 2012 and 2013, with high speed cable and fibre subscriptions seeing the fastest up-take at the expense of DSL providers.
Key Trends And Developments
In August 2014 Czech investment firm PPF Group was reported to be planning to split O2 Czech Republic into two parts. As per the plan, PPF is reportedly considering separating the operator's fixed line and infrastructure business into one unit and...
The Czech Republic Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Czech Republic's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Czech Republic Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Czech Republic.
- Benchmark BMI's independent telecoms industry forecasts for Czech Republic to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Czech telecoms market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Czech Republic's telecoms sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Czech Republic.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts and views, covering the ICT, fixed-line, mobile (including 3G), internet and broadband markets.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the wireline and wireless sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
Business Environment Ratings
BMI's Telecommunications Business Environment Ratings provides a country-comparative Risk-Reward Ratings index aimed at investors (vendors, operators and suppliers) in the regional telecoms market.
The ratings methodology makes sophisticated use of more than 40 industry, economic and demographic data points.
BMI Industry Forecast Scenario
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2017 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast.
- Fixed-Line Telephony - Telephone lines ('000); telephone lines/100 inhabitants.
- Cellular Telephony - Mobile phone subscribers ('000); mobile phone subscribers/100 inhabitants; mobile phone subscribers/100 fixed line subscribers.
- Internet Markets - Internet users ('000); internet users/100 inhabitants; broadband internet subscribers ('000); broadband internet subscribers/100 inhabitants.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Bangladesh Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
- Belgium Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
- Czech Republic Fixed Communications Market to 2015: Service Adoption
- Czech Republic Fixed Communications Market to 2015: Access Lines by Technology
- Czech Republic Media Market to 2015: Media Services Adoption by Technology
- Czech Republic Media Market to 2015: Media Services Adoption by Operator
- Czech Republic Fixed Operator Market to 2015: Internet Accounts by Operator
- Czech Republic Tourism Report Q1 2015
- Czech Republic Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- Caribbean Food & Drink Report Q1 2015