Fast Market Research recommends "Dairy Market in India 2014" from Netscribes, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/11/2014 -- Netscribes' latest market research report titled Dairy Market in India 2014 covers a wide spectrum of concerns in the dairy industry and identifies several factors impacting the sale of dairy products in India. The report provides a snapshot of the Indian dairy industry which has witnessed several changes post 'Operation Flood' era. Dairy sector witnessed spectacular growth during 1971 and 1996 primarily due to integrated cooperative dairy development programmes conducted by the National Dairy Development Board (NDDB). Moreover, after 1991, due to liberalization and delicensing, private sector also started entering the market, which further accelerated its growth. The report also discusses the opportunities and strengths of the dairy market, and provides an insight into the competitive landscape. Major players of the Indian dairy market include Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation (Amul), Mother Dairy, Nestle India, Britannia Industries, Hatsun Agro and Heritage Foods, among others. In addition to this, a number of regional players have also entered the market in the past few years, thereby making the market more competitive in nature.
In India, cooperatives hold a large share of the organized dairy market, although some small regional entities have managed to secure their presence in recent years. With the rise in disposable incomes of Indian consumers, there has been heightened interest in high protein diets. With entities paying attention to this segment, the sector is set to grow further over the years. Rapid urbanization and subsequent inclination of consumers towards packaged food products as well as aggressive marketing campaigns by all the players to break the product clutter are other eminent factors that have led to considerable growth in this sector. The report also identifies a few pain points within the industry that pose obstacles to future growth, including poor supply chain, inefficient distribution facility and rise in packaging costs.
For dairy products, quality standards laid by FSSAI have to be followed by the industry players. Various government policies that have been formulated for the food processing sector such as FDI, tax benefits and export promotions are applicable to the dairy category as well.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Amrit Corp Ltd., Anik Industries Ltd., Hatsun Agro Products Ltd., Heritage Foods Ltd., Kwality Ltd., Britannia Industries Ltd., Nestle India Ltd., Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd., Mother Dairy Fruit and Vegetable Pvt. Ltd., Creamline Dairy Products Ltd., Parag Milk Foods Pvt. Ltd.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Dairy Product Markets in the World to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global Dairy Product Market to 2018 - Market Size, Top 10 Countries, Trends, Forecasts, and Market Players
- Dairy Product Markets in the Top 5 Asian Countries to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Dairy Product Markets in the Top 5 American Countries to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Dairy Product Markets in Eastern Europe to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Dairy Product Markets in Americas to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Dairy Product Markets in Western Europe to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Dairy Product Markets in the Top 5 European Countries to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Dairy Product Markets in Africa to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Dairy Product Markets in Asia to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts