New Transportation research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/09/2014 -- Political uncertainty will continue to affect the Egyptian economy in 2014 as the country continues through its rocky transitional period towards democracy. However, the election of former Field Marshall Sisi to the presidency following elections at the end of May 2014 will serve to reduce political risk and will introduce a measure of stability not seen since the ouster of President Mubarak in 2011. Sisi's election will provide a veneer of political legitimacy, thereby releasing US aid flows, and should help the economy get back on track. A recovering economy will be felt in the country's ports and airports and on its freight services, as consumer demand and investment into infrastructure picks up, thereby boosting container and dry and liquid bulk freight services.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Increased security would help in reviving tourism, and other industries, and serve to boost container volumes through Egypt's ports. Equally, should investment start flowing into the country once more then dry bulk volumes for infrastructure projects could also see an uptick.
The presence of the Suez Canal in Egyptian territory provides an important source of income in fees and associated businesses to the Egyptian economy; those ports expected to see strongest growth in 2014 are those located near the canal, such as East Port Said, which will also benefit from the improved global macroeconomic picture.
Headline Industry Data
- Air freight handled at Cairo International Airport is set to grow by 3.7% year-on-year (y-o-y) in 2014 to reach 371,580 tonnes. Over the medium term to 2018, growth will average 4.4% per annum.
- Rail cargo will enjoy expansion of 1.9% in 2014, with growth projected to average 2.3% over the medium term.
- Total tonnage throughput at East Port Said is forecast to grow by 2.1% to 23.83mn tonnes in 2014, and to average 4.1% per annum to 2018.
- Total trade is forecast to see a growth in real terms of 2.4% in 2014, picking up in 2015 to 4.4%.
Key Industry Trends
The Egypt Freight Transport Report has been researched at source, and features latest-available data covering commercial transport and logistics by road, rail, air and water; industry forecasts, company rankings covering leading national and multinational operators; and analysis of latest industry trends, opportunities, projects and regulatory changes.
Business Monitor International (BMI)'s Egypt Freight Transport Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Egyptian freight transport and logistics industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent freight transport industry forecasts on Egypt to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and planning in the strategic freight transport market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Egyptian freight transport sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Egypt.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs, and latest activity).
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering freight transport and logistics, regulatory changes, major investments and projects and significant national and multinational company developments.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the freight sector and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
Industry Trends And Developments
Analysis of latest projects across the freight transport sector (road, rail, air, sea and logistics) including market overview which provides an outline of the key elements driving development.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2017 for all key industry and macroeconomic indicators, supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
Transport Sector: Sector Value (US$bn); sector real growth (%); employment (`000); total freight carried by road, rail, inland waterways, maritime, air and pipeline (mn tonnes-km/mn tonnes)
Trade: Exports and imports (US$mn) by category of goods (manufactured goods, food, chemicals etc.); top-5 import and export trade partners (US$mn); imports/exports to each global region (US$mn)
Port Data: Throughput (`000 tonnes) and container throughput (TEU) for all major ports in the state
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Transportation research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- United Arab Emirates Freight Transport Report Q4 2014
- Argentina Freight Transport Report Q4 2014
- Australia Freight Transport Report Q4 2014
- Vietnam Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- South Korea Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Romania Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Belgium Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Russia Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- United States Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Hong Kong Freight Transport Report Q3 2014