Fast Market Research recommends "Egypt Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/02/2015 -- Recent developments have led us to hold a more positive outlook for Egypt's pharmaceutical and healthcare markets. An increased healthcare budget for 2015, combined with the government's efforts at developing the local manufacturing industry and combating medicine shortages and counterfeit drugs are all positive developments. We expect Egypt's relative political stability and positive economic outlook to further increase interest from foreign pharmaceutical companies.
Headline Expenditure Projections
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Pharmaceuticals: EGP16.55bn (USD2.41bn) in 2013 to EGP17.66bn (USD2.49bn) in 2014; +6.7% in local currency terms and 3.4% in US dollar terms. Forecast broadly in line with Q414.
- Healthcare: EGP84.76bn (USD12.33bn) in 2013 to EGP95.80bn (USD13.49bn) in 2014; +13.0% in local currency terms and 9.4% in US dollar terms. Forecast unchanged from Q414.
Risk/Reward Index: An improving economic and political outlook for Egypt means that the country remains a moderately attractive commercial opportunity for multinational pharmaceutical companies. In our Q115 Pharmaceutical Risk/Reward Index (RRI) Egypt's score of 41.9 out of 100 is lower than the Q414 score of 46.4. Its status in the Middle East and Africa region has not improved, and the country has dropped to 13th position, down from last quarter when it was the 12th most attractive market in the region.
Key Trends And Developments
- In December 2014, the Export Council of Medical Industries began a new plan for the expansion of Egyptian exports to a number of African, Asian and European markets in order to make up for the loss in export trade to Libya, Iraq, Syria and Yemen - due to the political situations in those countries. The Export Council's promotional visit to Romania resulted in the signing of an agreement to export Egyptian medicines and medical supplies to government hospitals in Romania. Mohi Hafez, a member of the Export Council, confirmed that the Export Council is planning to...
The Egypt Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Egypt Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Egypt pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
- Benchmark BMI's pharmaceutical and healthcare market forecasts for Egypt, to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Egyptian pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Egyptian pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Egypt.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View
An at-a-glance perspective on the latest regulatory developments, key forecast indicators and major corporate developments, covering the prescription, OTC and generics markets. The pharmaceuticals and healthcare SWOT outlines strategic factors that affect the basic assumptions underpinning BMI?s forecast analysis, and taken together with BMI's political, economic and business environment SWOTs, it gives a complete overview of market climate.
BMI Industry Forecast Scenario
Industry forecasts to end-2019 for all key indicators, supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecasts:
Healthcare: Total healthcare expenditure (USDbn), healthcare expenditure (% of GDP), healthcare expenditure per capita (USD), hospital beds, doctors, and birth & mortality rates (all per ?000 population).
Pharmaceutical Market: Drug expenditure in USDbn, % of GDP and per capita (USD).
Patented Drug Market: Prescription drug sales (USDbn & % of total sales).
Generic Drug Market: Generic product sales (USDbn), generic sales (% of total sales).
OTC Drug Market: OTC sales (USDbn & % of total sales).
Macroeconomic Forecasts: Nominal and real GDP, % real GDP growth, % private consumption growth, % industrial output growth, % consumer price index, % GDP price deflator, exports, imports, trade balance, current account balance, foreign direct investment, exchange rate against USD, government expenditure and external debt.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Vietnam Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- United Arab Emirates Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Malaysia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Peru Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Lithuania Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015