Williamstown, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/30/2012 -- Making waves: Demand will revive as health concerns lessen and seafood consumption goes up
Fish & Seafood Wholesaling in the US
Fishing for growth
The industry will begin a modest revival as it aims to shake off the losses sustained from the BP oil spill and move toward recovery. Seafood demand will be heightened, as consumers become more health conscious and consume more fish as a result. Moreover, the improved economic conditions will cause disposable income levels to improve, fueling industry revenue. However, fish and seafood wholesalers will face rising competition from other industries and contend with the growing practice of wholesale bypass.
Establishments in this industry primarily wholesale fish and seafood (except canned or packaged frozen) for human consumption. Products are primarily sourced from the Fishing industry (IBISWorld report 11411) and the Seafood Preparation industry (IBISWorld report 31171). Products are then marketed to grocery and other wholesalers, food service establishments and retailers.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report covers the scope, size, disposition and growth of the industry including the key sensitivities and success factors. Also included are five year industry forecasts, growth rates and an analysis of the industry key players and their market shares.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: SYSCO Corporation, U.S. Foodservice Inc.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Future of the Fish & Seafood Market in Spain, to 2016
- The Future of the Fish & Seafood Market in Italy, to 2016
- The Future of the Fish & Seafood Market in France, to 2016
- The Future of the Fish & Seafood Market in Germany, to 2016
- The Future of the Fish & Seafood Market in the US, to 2016
- The Future of the Fish & Seafood Market in the UK, to 2016
- Meat, Fish and Poultry in Finland to 2014
- Meat, Fish and Poultry in Denmark to 2014
- Meat, Fish and Poultry in Italy to 2013
- Meat, Fish and Poultry in China to 2013