New Food research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/12/2015 -- A gradual improvement in household spending will help Greece emerge from depression in 2015 and 2016. But a lack of significant growth drivers means growth rates will remain anaemic over the coming years, with persistently weak eurozone growth posing risks to this already tepid outlook.
We expect household spending to be the main driver of real GDP growth over 2015 and 2016, adding an average of 0.7 percentage points (pp) to headline growth figures. This reflects a stabilisation, rather than a full-blown recovery, of household demand. Declining domestic prices and weaker global commodity prices are offering some degree of support to disposable incomes. Consumer confidence is also improving, as the country prepares to exit its troika bailout and returns to growth.
Headline Industry Data (local currency)
- 2015 per capita food consumption = 0.1%; forecast compound annual growth rate (CAGR) 2014-2019 = +0.8%.
- 2015 alcoholic drink value sales = -1.3%; forecast CAGR 2014-2019 = +0.1%.
- 2015 soft drink value sales = +0.3%; forecast CAGR 2014-2019 = +0.9%.
- 2015 mass grocery retail sales = +0.4%; forecast CAGR 2014-2019 = +0.8%.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Company Trends
Harma Fruit To Set Up EUR6mn Plant : It was reported in April 2014 that Greece-based importer-exporter Harma Fruit was planning to set up a EUR6mn (USD8.29mn) packing, coldstorage and distribution centre for fresh produce in Macedonia. The centre will be located in the Macedonian town of Gevgelija and will be operated by Agritera. The strategic location close to the Greek border was the prime factor in the firm's decision to invest in Macedonia, according to Harma Fruit's owner Christos Kelesidies.
The Greece Food & Drink Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts for food and drink expenditure, consumption, sales, and imports/exports and forecasts for the mass grocery retail sector. The report also includes analyses of major regulatory developments, the background macroeconomic outlook and competitive landscape comparing national and multinational companies by leading products and services, sales, investments, partners and expansion strategies.
BMI's Greece Food & Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, business investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the food and drink industry and the mass grocery retail market in Greece.
- Benchmark BMI's independent food and drink industry forecasts for Greece to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Greek food and drink market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Greece through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments.
- Exploit latest competitive intelligence on your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMIs key industry forecasts and views, covering food and drink manufacturing and consumption and the mass grocery retail market.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the food, drink and mass grocery retail sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
BMI?s Food and Drink Risk Reward Index
BMI?s Risk Reward Indices provide investors (food and drink manufacturers and mass grocery retailers) looking for opportunities in the region with a clear country-comparative assessment of a market?s risks and potential rewards. Each of the country markets are scored using a sophisticated model that includes more than 40 industry, economic and demographic data points to provide indices of highest to lowest appeal to investors, with each position explained.
BMIs food chapter is divided into sections such as Meat, Fish, Confectionary, Dairy and Canned Foods, and provides insight into each market?s food industry, centred on a forecast to end-2019 for the sector. The chapter includes the following elements:
- Industry Forecast scenario Historical data series and a forecast to end-2019 for growth of key indicators within a market?s food industry. Indicators include food consumption, food consumption as % of GDP, canned food sales, confectionery sales and food and drink imports and exports, among others.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Czech Republic Food & Drink Report Q2 2015
- Caribbean Food & Drink Report Q2 2015
- Croatia Food & Drink Report Q2 2015
- Taiwan Food & Drink Report 2015
- Qatar Food & Drink Report Q1 2015