Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Hong Kong Telecommunications Report Q4 2012", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/31/2012 -- BMI View: Hong Kong's telecommunications market, particularly the mobile sector, is one of the most dynamic and mature in the Asia Pacific region. Five mobile operators and 11 mobile virtual network operators ensures strong competition, attractive tariff rates for the territory's consumers, and constant network upgrades and expansions. The introduction of LTE services should provide another round of revenue growth opportunities such as high-definition mobile TV services for operators, although fixed services such as fibre broadband remains key given the territory's position as a vital financial hub.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Mobile subscriber growth has started to weaken in light of market saturation. Net additions in H112 were the lowest since H109 when the global economy was experiencing a financial crisis.
- The fixed-line sector continues to show resilience with the corporate segment providing most of the support.
- Operators' ARPUs maintained its upwards trajectory in light of growing adoption of data services, and we have made adjustments accordingly.
Key Trends & Developments
SmarTone Telecommunications is scheduled to roll out commercial LTE services in the 1800MHz spectrum on August 28 2012. The operator will charge existing rates for the new service. The operator failed to secure 2.6GHz frequencies in the BWA auction in January 2009 in Hong Kong. However, it then announced a plan to reuse its existing spectrum for the implementation of the 4G LTE technology. The Office of the Communications Authority is planning to auction spectrum in the 2.5/2.6GHz band in Q113. The regulator announced that no spectrum would be reserved for certain existing mobile network operators and the available spectrum would be placed on auction with bidding open to existing operators and new entrants. The regulator will split the spectrum in blocks of 2 x 5MHz with no implementation of any spectrum cap. Additionally, no technical standards will be imposed on the usage of the spectrum.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Hong Kong Telecommunications Report Q3 2012
- China Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- India Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Central America Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Hungary Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Japan Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- France Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Australia Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Malaysia Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Spain Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-321-1250 (International)