New Fixed Networks market report from Business Monitor International: "India Telecommunications Report Q4 2012"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/21/2012 -- BMI View: The Indian telecommunications market has experienced a considerable amount of challenges in the last few years due to constant regulatory disputes and a hostile business environment, which includes an aggressive price war, which have eroded operators' profitability. Despite the country's significant growth potential, the industry is struggling to capitalise on the opportunities, which will remain the central theme in the near future as we do not expect the market to reach a swift resolution of the complicated issues.
- Market saturation and cancellation of licences have resulted in a downgrade to India's mobile subscriber forecast.
- The effects of tariff rate hikes have seemingly started to fade; industry-wide ARPU declines could soon resume.
- While fixed broadband demand remains healthy, the growth momentum is slowing in light of increasing network expansion cost.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Trends & Developments
The Indian government has finally set the reserve price for 2G spectrum that was freed up after the Supreme Court cancelled 122 licences in February 2012. The Hindu reported that the Union Cabinet has fixed a minimum price of INR140bn for 5MHz of pan-India 2G spectrum in the 1,800MHz GSM band. Meanwhile, the reserve price of 5MHz of CDMA spectrum is set at INR182bn.
In collaboration with the e-Technology Group (a specialist unit of IMRB International), the Internet and Mobile Association of India reckons that India's mobile VAS market will grow by 32% in 2012 to reach INR260bn before increasing by another 28% in 2013. At present, mobile VAS account for 27% of Indian operators' ARPUs.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Central America Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Hungary Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Japan Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- France Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Australia Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Malaysia Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Spain Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Kenya Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Austria Telecommunications Report Q4 2012