New Food research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/13/2014 -- Despite a recent slowdown in economic growth, we remain sanguine on the long-term prospects of the Indonesian economy. With a positive demographic outlook that will make the country increasingly attractive in terms of manufacturing, real GDP growth should be relatively broad-based across the archipelago. With food/drink/retail sector investments likely to be more forthcoming in the coming years, dynamism in consumer-facing sectors will consequently remain buoyed to support demand growth.
Headline Industry Data
- Food consumption (local currency) forecast growth in 2014 = +9.1%; compound annual growth rate (CAGR) forecast 2013 to 2018 = +9.4%.
- Alcoholic drinks value sales growth (local currency) in 2014 = +13.9%; CAGR forecast 2013 to 2018 = +11.8%.
- Soft drinks value sales growth (local currency) in 2014 = +11.7%; CAGR forecast 2013 to 2018 = +11.8%.
- Mass grocery retail value sales growth in 2014 = +14.2%; CAGR forecast 2013 to 2018 = +13.7%.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Industry Trends
Challenges For Foreign F&D Players In Indonesia
Even if we see tremendous growth potential for food and drink consumption in Indonesia, we believe companies involved in the market will continue to face challenges as they push to maintain their market share. We forecast strong growth in consumer spending over our forecast period to 2018, and expect strong GDP per capita growth over the coming years. Also, the Westernisation of consumers' eating habits will boost growth in categories that were underrepresented in the market previously such as dairy, confectionery and skin care.
Opportunities In Soft Drinks
Our Asia Country Risk team expects growth in consumer spending in Indonesia to pick up over the next few years, which is likely to feed into key food and drink sectors such as soft drinks. Although Indonesia is already home to established soft drinks manufacturers such as Sinar Sosro, Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) and Aqua Golden Mississippi, the market remains fairly immature, implying...
The Indonesia Food & Drink Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts for food and drink expenditure, consumption, sales, and imports/exports and forecasts for the mass grocery retail sector. The report also includes analyses of major regulatory developments, the background macroeconomic outlook and competitive landscape comparing national and multinational companies by leading products and services, sales, investments, partners and expansion strategies.
BMI's Indonesia Food & Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, business investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the food and drink industry and the mass grocery retail market in Indonesia.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Slovenia Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- Bahrain Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- Chile Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- Germany Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- Serbia Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- Brazil Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- Saudi Arabia Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- United Arab Emirates Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- Pakistan Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- China Food & Drink Report Q3 2014