Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/25/2014 -- Compared with the overall review period performance, the growth of internet retailing in Switzerland stabilised in 2013. The leading store-based companies continued to expand their businesses online, which was welcomed by consumers, who know and trust these well-known names. Online shopping continued to grow in popularity due to factors such as convenience, the wide product selection, competitive prices and a high degree of price transparency.
The competition within internet retailing is quite strong in Switzerland, with no clear dominant player. In 2013 Digitec was the leading internet retailer with a 13% value share in Switzerland. Digitec offers a wide range of consumer electronics, software and computer games. In 2010 the company established another online store, Galaxus, which offers household and DIY products, toys, sports goods and consumer electronics. In 2013 Digitec was closely followed by Apple with a 12% value share. Global player Amazon managed to occupy the third spot through purchases made by Swiss consumers primarily from the Amazon.de website.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Internet retailing is expected to continue performing strongly over the forecast period in Switzerland. Consumers are likely to increasingly make use of online shopping due to the great convenience and high price transparency this channel offers compared with store-based formats. Also, the fact that a greater number of consumers will be computer-literate and tech-savvy in the future, together with the growing usage of mobile devices, such as smartphones or tablets, is set to drive sales via this channel in Switzerland.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Internet Retailing industry in Switzerland with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Internet Retailing industry in Switzerland, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Internet Retailing in Switzerland market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed market shares for international and locally-based retailers
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- Who are the leading retailers in Switzerland?
- How quickly is internet retailing growing in Switzerland?
- What products are selling best over the internet?
- Which internet sites are attracting the most sales?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Retailing in France
- Leisure and Personal Goods Specialist Retailers in Peru
- Internet Retailing in France
- Internet Retailing in Denmark
- Internet Retailing in the US
- Internet Retailing in New Zealand
- Internet Retailing in South Korea
- Retailing in Austria
- Internet Retailing in Turkey
- Retailing in New Zealand