Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/12/2014 -- Bevacizumab is an important kind of remedy for metastatic colon cancer, which belongs to humanized anti-VEGF monoclonal antibody. Approved by FDA, bevacizumab came into the market in 2004, with the brand name of "Avastin". Its main mechanism is to inhibit the function of a natural protein called vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) that stimulates new blood vessel formation through specific binding so as to stop or delay growth of blood vessels in tumor, disconnect the delivery of oxygen and other nutrition necessary in tumor cells' growth, as well as to improve the effect of chemotherapy remedy. Public data shows that the global sales value of bevacizumab in 2012 exceeded USD 6.3 billion, ranking the fourth among the 10 best selling monoclonal antibody drugs.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
As Chinese economy develops rapidly, Chinese people's lifestyle is changing tremendously. With the aging level increasing, environment pollution worsening, the incidence of cancer in China keeps rising. Statistics indicate that the annual increase of cancer patients in China takes up over 20% of the global, making China a capital antitumor remedy market of the world. Shanghai Roche Pharmaceuticals Ltd. declared on May 7, 2010 that its bevacizumab injection (brand name "Avastin") was approved by the FDA for curing metastatic colorectal cancer. It is the official entry of the world's first angiogenesis inhibitor into Chinese market. The market investigation of CRI manifests that the sales value of Avastin in certain Chinese sample hospitals in 2010 was merely CNY 10 million, growing rapidly. It broke through CNY 200 million in 2013.
There have been some generic drug manufacturers developing bevacizumab around the world. At the end of 2013, Huahai Pharmaceutical in China announced that its bevacizumab generic drug developed with Oncobiologics Company was approved to conduct the first clinical trial in the European Union.
Some study declared that the combination of bevacizumab and chemotherapy can prolong overall survival time of advanced cervical cancer patients. This result indicates the possibility of this remedy with the annual sales value of USD 1 billion to treat cervical cancer.
Through this report, the readers can acquire the following information:
- Market Share of Major Bevacizumab Manufacturers in Sample Hospitals in China
- Sales price of Bevacizumab in Hospital Market in China
- Share of Bevacizumab in Different Dosage Forms in Hospital Market in China
- Incidence of Cancer in China
- Manufacturing Schedule of Bevacizumab generic drug
- Prospect of China Bevacizumab Market
The author recommends the report to the following:
- Manufacturers of Crude and Finished Monoclonal Antibody Remedy
- Medical Institutions
- Investors/Research Institutes Focusing on Bevacizumab Market
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Metastatic Colorectal Cancer - Pipeline Review, H1 2013
- Adenocarcinoma - Pipeline Review, H1 2013
- Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer - Pipeline Review, H1 2013
- Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer - Pipeline Review, H2 2013
- Peritoneal Cancer - Pipeline Review, H1 2013
- Investigation Report on China Duloxetine Market, 2009-2018
- Investigation Report on China Budesonide Market, 2009-2018
- Liver Cancer - Pipeline Review, H1 2013
- Investigation Report on China Montelukast Market, 2009-2018
- Investigation Report on China Enoxaparin Sodium Market, 2009-2018