New Consumer Goods market report from Business Monitor International: "Japan Tourism Report Q2 2015"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/03/2015 -- Japan's dynamic tourism sector reported healthy growth in 2014, with a sharp increase in arrivals attributed to a range of factors including the country's increased affordability, a wider range of international flight routes and a relaxation of foreign visa requirements from major source markets. This growth is set to continue in 2015 and throughout the remainder of the forecast period, with Japan set to capitalise upon its rising global profile in the run-up to the 2020 Olympic and Paralympics Games.
In 2014 Japan eased the visa regulations for inbound tourists from a range of countries, including China, Indonesia, Vietnam and the Philippines. Arrivals from China in particular saw a sharp increase in the first few months of 2014, and Japan is now rated as the top destination for Chinese travellers. This is likely to continue in 2015, particularly as Japan has announced it would further ease visa restrictions for affluent Chinese visitors - extending visa allowances to five years and permitting unrestricted travel across Japan. Previously, particular visas required tourists to specifically visit Okinawa or the prefectures of Iwate, Miyagi and Fukushima. These factors contribute to our forecast for overall arrivals growth of 9.7% in 2015, with similar growth expected throughout the forecast period to 2019, when arrivals are expected to reach 15.8mn.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The outlook is marginally less positive for Japan's outbound travel market, where growth rates will remain subdued due to the less-than-favourable domestic economic environment. Real GDP growth is forecast to come in at just 0.8% in 2015 and 0.7% in 2016, while unemployment is set to increase slightly as wages are falling. All these factors will hamper growth in outbound tourism; however, it is worth noting that with 24.6mn departures forecast in 2015, the outbound tourism sector significantly outweighs inbound travel and will continue to do so despite the higher growth in inbound tourism.
Japan's government is highly...
The Japan Tourism Report has been researched at source and features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent assessment and forecasts for tourist expenditure; government expenditure on tourism; passenger arrivals and departures by mode of transport, reason for travel, origin and destination; and the accommodation market.
BMI's Japan Tourism Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Japanese tourism industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent tourism industry forecasts for Japan to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and planning in the Japanese tourism market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Japanese tourism sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Japan.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
This contains a synopsis of our forecasts, and any changes, together with an overview of key trends and developments in the tourism industry, and an assessment of the impact of various economic and national factors which might affect the sector. It also covers new transport projects, new hotel developments, and acquisitions.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the tourism sector and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
BMI Industry Forecast Scenario
Forecasts to end-2019 for all key indicators, supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecasts:
- Inbound Tourism: Total arrivals (?000 and growth % y-o-y), arrivals by region (?000 and growth % y-o-y), arrivals by country (?000 and growth % y-o-y), top 10 source countries for arrivals.
- Outbound Tourism: Total departures (?000 and growth % y-o-y), departures by regional destination (?000 and growth % y-o-y), departures by country (?000 and growth % y-o-y), top 10 destination countries.
- Travel & Receipts: Methods of travel for arrivals (air, ship, rail) (?000 and growth % y-o-y), international tourism receipts for transport (USDbn and growth % y-o-y), international tourism receipts for travel items (USDbn and growth % y-o-y).
- Hotels: Hotel industry value (USDbn and growth % y-o-y), number of hotels (?000 and growth % y-o-y), total overnight stays (?000 and growth % y-o-y), length of stay, occupancy rate (%), number of total
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Brazil Tourism Report Q2 2015
- Chile Tourism Report Q2 2015
- India Tourism Report Q2 2015
- Czech Republic Tourism Report Q2 2015
- Hungary Tourism Report Q2 2015