New Computer Technology market report from Business Monitor International: "Kuwait Information Technology Report Q4 2014"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/16/2014 -- The IT market in Kuwait is forecast to continue expanding each year over our medium term forecast to 2018, and it will remain one of the most lucrative markets in the region in per capita terms. Kuwait had one of the highest GDP per capita levels in the world at the end of 2013, and with only 2% of its population residing in rural areas the retail hardware market has proved fertile ground for premium vendors such as Apple . As a result , we are confident that IT spending will continue to increase over our forecast period, projected to come in at KWD306mn in 2014 , an increase of 4.2% over 2013 . We expect the sector will continue to feel the benefits of the Kuwaiti economy 's strong performance in 2014, with non-oil growth expected to accelerate on the back of strong domestic demand and a modest pick-up in government capital spending.
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Computer Hardware Sales: KWD150mn in 2013 to KWD154mn in 2014, +3.0% in local currency terms. Premium tablet sales growth has driven the market in recent years, but we expect hybrid notebooks will take a growing share of sales from 2014 as tablet volume growth decelerates with saturation.
- Software Sales: KWD51mn in 2013 to KWD55mn in 2014, +6.7% in local currency terms. OS upgrades following the withdrawal of Microsoft support for XP in April 2014 will boost growth in 2014.
- IT Services Sales: KWD93mn in 2013 to KWD97mn in 2014, a 4.9% increase in local currency terms. Cloud computing, e-government and machine-to-machine services are identified as key growth areas over the medium term.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Trends & Developments
The cloud computing market in Kuwait is expected to be an outperforming area of the IT market over the medium term - in-line with our bullish view for cloud services across MENA. BMI believes MENA is primed for strong growth of cloud-based services given the ubiquity of small and medium-sized businesses, many of which are taking up advanced IT...
The Kuwait Information Technology Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts covering personal computers and software; semi-conductors, memory chips, integrated circuits and general components; the internet and IT solutions. It analyses analyses regulatory changes (licensing, customs and intellectual property protection) and competitive landscapes comparing IT companies by products, sales, market share, investments, projects and expansion strategies.
BMI's Kuwait Information Technology Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, IT associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the IT industry in Kuwait.
- Benchmark BMI's independent IT Industry forecasts for Kuwait to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and strategic business planning in the Kuwaiti IT market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Kuwait's IT sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes, and major deals, projects and investments in Kuwait.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. KPIs and latest activity).
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering IT, regulatory changes, major investments and projects and significant national and multinational company developments.
Cross-border analysis of regional markets, commenting on IT penetration (PC and internet) and market growth drivers (IT market size and IT market compound growth).
Country Market Overview
Structure, size and value of the industry sectors including hardware, software and services; overview of the industry landscape and key players; assessment of the business operating environment and the latest regulatory developments and government authority.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2017 for all key industry indicators (see list below), supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
IT Sector: IT industry value (US$bn); IT sector contribution to GDP (%); value of hardware, software and services industry (US$mn); PC, peripherals and software imports and exports (US$mn); PC, peripherals and software sales (US$mn); number of PCs (`000); PCs/100 inhabitants; internet users (`000); internet users per 100 inhabitants; broadband subscribers (`000); broadband subscribers per 100 inhabitants.
Economy: Economic growth (%); nominal GDP (US$bn); unemployment (%); interest rates (%); exchange rate (against US$).
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Indonesia Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- China Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Czech Republic Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Mexico Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Venezuela Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Israel Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Colombia Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Slovenia Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Sri Lanka Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Argentina Information Technology Report Q4 2014