New Food market report from Business Monitor International: "Latvia Food & Drink Report 2014"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/02/2014 -- We remain relatively sanguine about the near-term consumer outlook in Latvia and believe that the improving economic outlook could entice back some of the estimated 12% of the population that has emigrated over the past decade, creating upside risks to our forecasts. However, falling population numbers still mean subdued longer-term commercial prospects.
Headline Industry Data (local currency)
- 2014 per capita food consumption: +3.2%; forecast compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to 2017: +3.2%
- 2014 alcoholic drinks sales: -0.3%; forecast CAGR to 2017: +3.0%
- 2014 soft drinks sales: +3.3%; forecast CAGR to 2017: +3.2%
- 2014 mass grocery retail sales: +12.2%; forecast CAGR to 2017: +4.6%
Key Company Trends
Second Latvian Company Enters New Export Markets: Following reports that Rujienas saldejums had started exporting ice cream products to the US, the Baltic News Network reported in May 2013 that competitor Balbiino has started exporting iced yoghurt and sorbet to Russia. This follows Balbiino's entry into the Danish market at the beginning of 2013 and has been made possible by the company's success with Boost juice bars in Estonia and Germany. Rujienas saldejums began exporting to the US in September 2012, and while volumes are currently minimal, the company plans to increase them over time. The company is also aiming to increase its existing exports to Scandinavian countries.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Latvian Spirits Producer Largest Player In Food And Drink Sector: Latvijas Balzams, which registered 2012 turnover of LVL70mn was listed in the November 2013 Latvian Business Report as the country's largest food and drink company. Its closest rivals are Dobeles Dzirnavnieks, a flour producer with 2012 turnover of LVL62.3mn, and Rigas Piena Kombinats, a dairy company with turnover of LVL57.1mn.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Colombia Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- Argentina Food & Drink Report 2014
- Hong Kong Food & Drink Report 2014
- Brazil Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- Croatia Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- Czech Republic Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- Australia Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- Bahrain Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- Israel Food & Drink Report 2014
- Estonia Food & Drink Report 2014
Copyright © 2005-2014 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)