New Pharmaceuticals research report from GlobalData is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/10/2013 -- The chronic heart failure (CHF) market is a mature market that has been slowly overtaken by generic drugs, and more branded products are expected to lose market exclusivity during the next few years. GlobalData predicts that the major global barriers that will play a crucial role in narrowing the global growth of the CHF market over the forecast period include the sparsely populated CHF pipeline and an increasing number of generic competitors in a market that is already heavily laden with generic drugs. However, the market entry of entry of Novartis' LCZ-696, the first novel, branded CHF drug to enter the market in five years, will noticeably enhance the overall market size during the forecast period. LCZ-696 is currently being evaluated in a trial for patients with heart failure with reduced ejection fraction (HF-REF), but if clinical trial data continue to demonstrate the drug's efficacy in patients with heart failure with preserved ejection fraction (HF-PEF), and it gains approval for use in this population, it will be the first drug to show efficacy in this largely underserved patient population. In addition, increased use of MRAs over the forecast period in all seven major markets (7MM) will contribute to the increase in the global CHF market size.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Novartis is developing an orally-administered, dual-acting ARNi, LCZ-696, as a first-in-class combination drug. LCZ-696 consists of a 1:1 mixture of the ARB valsartan and the novel neprilysin inhibitor AHU-377. Valsartan, marketed as Diovan for the treatment of hypertension and CHF, is a selective angiotensin II type 1 (AT1) inhibitor that causes vasodilation of the blood vessels and blood pressure reduction. AHU-377 is a pro-drug that is activated by de-ethylation via esterases to form the LBQ657 metabolite. LBQ657 inhibits the enzyme neprilysin, which results in decreased circulation levels of atrial natriuretic (ANP) and NT-proBNP, a biomarker for left ventricular wall stress (Solomon et al., 2012). By combining these two molecules, LCZ-696 may provide additional cardio-renal protection over the currently marketed drugs
- Overview of chronic heart failure, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on LCZ-696 including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for LCZ-696 for the top seven countries from 2012 to 2022.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK and Japan
Reasons to Get This Report
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for chronic heart failure
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- EpiCast Report: Chronic Heart Failure Epidemilogy Forecast to 2022
- Atacand (Chronic Heart Failure) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- Nebilet (Chronic Heart Failure) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- Diovan (Chronic Heart Failure) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Chronic Heart Failure - US Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- Chronic Heart Failure - Pipeline Review, H2 2013
- Chronic Heart Failure - Pipeline Review, H1 2013
- PharmaPoint: Pediatric Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) Prophylactics - US Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- Chronic Heart Failure - Current and Future Players
- PharmaPoint: Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML) - United States Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022