New Food research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/09/2014 -- We forecast a modest acceleration in private consumption growth to 3.4% in 2015, compared with expected growth of 2.5% in 2014. There has been a gradual improvement in the domestic economy over the first half of 2014, and this is likely to support continued investment in the country's food processing and mass grocery retail sectors.
Headline Industry Data (local currency)
- 2014 per capita food consumption = +1.3%; forecast compound annual growth rate (CAGR) 2013 to 2018 = +4.6%.
- 2014 soft drinks value sales = +4.5%; forecast CAGR 2013 to 2018 = +4.8%.
- 2014 mass grocery retail (MGR) sales = +6.5%; forecast (CAGR) 2013 to 2018 = +8.0%.
Key Company Trends
ACCBC Acquires NBC Majority Stake: It was reported in July 2014 that Aujan Coca-Cola Beverages Co (ACCBC), a joint venture between US-based drinks company The Coca-Cola Company and Saudi Arabia-based Aujan Industries, has acquired a majority stake in the Lebanese distributor of Coca-Cola and Pampa products, National Beverage Company (NBC). ACCBC has purchased the stake from consumer products distributor Transmed for an undisclosed amount.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Spar Going After Lebanon : In May 2013, Netherlands-based retailer Spar International announced plans to enter Lebanon in 2014 in partnership with Abu Dhabi Co-operative Society (ADCPS). Spar aimed to open 10 stores over the next five years, signalling long-term commitment to the country's strengthening mass grocery retail sector. At the time of writing in late 2014, stores had not yet been launched.
The Lebanon Food & Drink Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts for food and drink expenditure, consumption, sales, and imports/exports and forecasts for the mass grocery retail sector. The report also includes analyses of major regulatory developments, the background macroeconomic outlook and competitive landscape comparing national and multinational companies by leading products and services, sales, investments, partners and expansion strategies.
BMI's Lebanon Food & Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, business investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the food and drink industry and the mass grocery retail market in Lebanon.
- Benchmark BMI's independent food and drink industry forecasts for Lebanon to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Lebanese food and drink market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Lebanon through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments.
- Exploit latest competitive intelligence on your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, and views, covering food and drink manufacturing and consumption and the retail market.
Business Environment Rankings
BMI's Food & Drink Business Environment Rankings provide a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors, food and drink manufacturers and mass grocery retailers.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of over 40 industry, economic and demographic data points.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the food, drink and mass grocery retail sectors, and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
BMI's food chapter is divided into sections such as Meat, Fish, Confectionary, Dairy and Canned Foods, and provides insight into a market's food industry, centred on a forecast to end-2018 for the sector. The chapter includes the following elements:
Industry Forecast Scenario - Historical data series and forecasts to end-2018 for growth of key indicators within a market's food industry. Including consumption, food consumption as % of GDP, canned food sales, confectionery sales and food and drink imports and exports, among others.
Industry Developments - A summary of corporate developments, including news on M&As, FDI, expansions, closures and financial results, in addition to analysis and explanation of the latest industry events and how these could influence further investment.
Market Overview - An overview of the structure of the market, introducing the key players and discussing underlying trends.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Estonia Food & Drink Report 2015
- Hong Kong Food & Drink Report 2015
- Serbia Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- Greece Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- Chile Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- Germany Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- Croatia Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- Kazakhstan Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- Saudi Arabia Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- Malaysia Food & Drink Report Q1 2015