New Energy market report from GlobalData: "LED Street Lights in Europe: A Bright Tomorrow"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/05/2013 -- The European street lighting segment is currently experiencing a technology shift: incandescent lamps and halogen lamps have been banned and are being replaced by new energy-efficient technologies. The European Union (EU) has taken this strong step as a move toward meeting its 20-20-20 targets of increasing energy efficiency by 20%, increasing the share of renewable energy by 20% and reducing greenhouse gas emissions by 20%. Following the ban, most European countries are replacing their conventional street lights with Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFLs) and Light-Emitting Diodes (LEDs) to achieve these targets by 2020. The energy-efficiency benefits, longer life span, and low Operational and Maintenance (O&M) costs make LEDs the best replacement for conventional lights. Additionally, the constantly declining price of LED lamps is boosting the LED lighting market in Europe. With the implementation of LEDs around 70% of energy currently used in street lighting would be saved. Successful implementation of LED pilot projects in European countries including the UK, Germany, Spain, Poland, France, the Netherlands, Croatia, Portugal, Italy, Belgium, and the Czech Republic have proven its benefits and has accelerated the LED market in Europe.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Key factors influencing the growth of LED street lights in Europe
- The role of EU and national governments in the promotion of LED street lights
- Future prospects of LED lights in Europe.
Reasons to Get This Report
- Gain insights on the growth potential of LED street light sector in Europe.
- Identify the future LED installations in Europe.
- Identify factors impacting the growth of LED lights in Europe
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Cree, Inc. (CREE) - Clean Technology - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Carmanah Technologies Corporation (CMH) - Clean Technology - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Energy-efficient Lighting Market in Europe to 2020 - LEDs Emerge as Key Growth Sector due to Price Discounting and Phosphor Shortages Restricting CFL Production
- Gas Shales in Europe, 2012 - Market Analysis, Industry Development and Competitive Landscape
- Refining Industry Outlook in Europe, 2013 - Capacity Analysis, Forecasts and Details of All Operating and Planned Refineries to 2017
- Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V. (PHIA) - Clean Technology - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Refining Industry Outlook in Europe, 2012 - Capacity Analysis, Forecasts and Details of All Operating and Planned Refineries to 2016
- Oil and Chemicals Storage Industry Outlook in Europe, 2013 - Capacity Analysis, Forecasts and Details of All Operating and Planned Storage Terminals to 2017
- General Electric Company (GE) - Clean Technology - Deals and Alliances Profile
- General Electric Company (GE) - Alternative Energy - Deals and Alliances Profile