Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/16/2012 -- The large public attention associated with the influenza A (H1N1, swine flu) pandemic in 2009 increased awareness of the importance of seasonal influenza vaccination. Datamonitor predicts that the seasonal influenza vaccine market will grow to $4.7bn by 2021/22, and will be driven by changes in national recommendations to include additional target populations, particularly children.
- Quantifies the predicted number of people eligible for seasonal influenza vaccination across the seven major markets.
- Provides detailed sales forecasts for each of the seven major markets based on the expected coverage rates for different population groups.
- Explains the major growth drivers in the seasonal influenza vaccine market, including predicted changes to national recommendations.
- Identifies which markets provide the greatest opportunity for growth.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Over the forecast period, the seasonal influenza vaccine market in the seven major markets is set to increase from combined sales of $3.6bn in 2011/12 to $4.7bn in 2021/22. Growth is driven by a broadening of recommendations across the seven major markets and by increased awareness of the benefits of influenza vaccination.
The US is the largest single market for influenza vaccines, and growth has been driven by price increases, increased coverage rates after the 2009 influenza pandemic, and the introduction of a universal recommendation in 2010. Campaigning by US authorities will continue to increase coverage rates; however, growth is expected to slow.
Datamonitor predicts that each of the five major EU markets will include children aged <5 years and school-aged children between five and 17 years in their national recommendations, substantially increasing the number of people eligible for vaccination during the forecast period.
Reasons to Get this Report
- How was the seasonal influenza vaccine market affected by the 2009 influenza A (H1N1, swine flu) pandemic?
- Which countries are predicted to broaden recommendations for influenza vaccination over the next 10 years?
- How many people are eligible for influenza vaccination in each of the seven major markets?
- How will sales of seasonal influenza vaccines evolve for each market during the forecast period?
- Which of the seven major markets provides the greatest opportunity for growth?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Market Forecasts: Seasonal Influenza Vaccines - Broadened recommendations and increased awareness boost sales in the seasonal influenza vaccine market
- Seasonal Influenza Vaccine Market in Asia-Pacific Region - Cell Culture Technology-Based Vaccines to Revolutionize the Market by Faster Production and High Initial Purity
- Influenza Vaccines Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2018
- Adult and Adolescent Vaccines Market to 2017 - Partnerships Increase as Licensing and Co-Development Account for 73% of all Deal-Making Activity in 2010
- Antivirals Market to 2016 - Antiretroviral Agents and Combination Therapies to be Major Drivers HIV and Hepatitis C Markets
- Veterinary Vaccines Market to 2017 - Europe to Strengthen Its Position as the Single Largest Market for Animal Vaccines Due To Highly Organized Livestock Farms
- Emerging Cancer Vaccines Market to 2017 - Novel, First-In-Class Vaccines in Phase II and Phase III Pipeline to Shape the Future Cancer Vaccines Market
- Pediatric Vaccines Market to 2017- Strategic Focus on Partnering as Licensing and Co-Development Accounted for 69% of Deal-Making Activity from 2004-2011
- Antivirals Market to 2017 - Increased Uptake of High Priced Combination Drugs will Offset the Impact of Generics in the HIV Therapeutics Market
- Hepatitis A Preventive Vaccines - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017