Recently published research from Euromonitor International, "Mobile Phones in Brazil", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/17/2014 -- In 2013, mobile phones volume sales stood at 60.6 million units, a 14% increase over 2012. This positive performance was driven by smartphones sales, which overpassed feature phones volume sales in 2013. In 2012, volume sales of feature phones and smartphones registered 37 and 16 million units, respectively. In the following year, feature phones declined volume sales by 31% to 26 million units and smartphones increased by 123% to reach 34.6 million units.
Samsung maintained its leading position in feature phones and smartphones in 2013, holding volume shares of 36% and 38% in those respective categories. Due to the bad performance of the feature phones, the company witnessed a 30% decrease in volume sales in this category. However, Samsung increased smartphones sales from 5.9 to 13.1 million units, which led to a 121% increase in smartphone sales and a total 17% volume sales increase in mobile phones in 2013.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Mobile phones volume sales are anticipated to post a 5% CAGR over the forecast period, reaching 75.5 million units in 2018. This growth will continue to be driven by smartphones, which will see 103% growth in volume sales between 2013 and 2018. On the other hand, feature phones will decrease sales by 20.8 million units in the same period, but will remain active mainly supported by purchases from lower-income groups, with a shift towards connected web phones and mobiles offering the possibility to insert more than one chip.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Mobile Phones industry in Brazil with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Mobile Phones industry in Brazil, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Mobile Phones in Brazil market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Mobile Phones in Brazil?
- What are the major brands in Brazil?
- What is the growth rate for Mobile Phones in country?
- How many 3G mobile phones were sold last year?
- How will the introduction of 4G mobile phones impact the mobile phone market?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Mobile Phones in Turkey
- Mobile Phones in Russia
- Mobile Phones in South Korea
- Mobile Phones in Greece
- Mobile Phones in Germany
- Mobile Phones in Indonesia
- Mobile Phones in Thailand
- Mobile Phones in Norway
- Mobile Phones in Vietnam
- Mobile Phones in Portugal