New Consumer Goods research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/06/2014 -- Vendors have continued to report strong revenue growth in Oman, fuelled by new technologies and products, as well as retail channel expansion. An evolving retail landscape and growing acceptance of hypermarket retailing will help stimulate sales, while a growing population is attracting more large retailers. Growing demand for high-end smartphones continues to compensate for stagnant sales of feature phones. Rising household incomes offer potential for strong growth in consumer electronics demand as consumers want the latest devices. Downside potential to our outlook is the impact of credit tightening and regional property slump, which may lead to a slowdown in sales.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Expenditure Projections:
Computer Hardware Sales: USD236mn in 2014 to USD260mn in 2018. Tablet sales are reshaping the market as they cannibalise notebook sales, driving strong unit growth, but value growth will underperform as consumers switch form notebooks to cheaper tablets.
AV Sales: USD356mn in 2014 to USD411mn in 2018, remaining the largest segment of the market. Flat-panel TVs will encourage strong growth, as consumers move to access more content.
Handset Sales: USD239mn in 2014 to USD305mn in 2018. The handset market is the most dynamic segment of the consumer electronics market, with spending growth driven by upgrades to smartphones which are taking an increasing share of total handset sales.
Key Trends And Developments:
- Smartphone and tablet sales are booming in Oman, driven by intense competition between vendors in the Android ecosystem. Although Apple's iPhone and iPad was the initial catalyst for the growth of the smartphone and tablet markets, it is sales of Android devices that account for the largest share of the market. Apple retains leadership in the tablet market but has long since been eclipsed in the smartphone market. Samsung is the leading vendor by some distance, capitalising on strong retail and distribution, handset range and quality, and the...
The Oman Consumer Electronics Report has been researched at source and features latest-available data covering both the manufacture and sale of consumer electronics products, critically analysing - and forecasting - the market dynamics affecting each sub-sector, including audio-visual, computers, mobile handsets, gaming and automotives electronics. Furthermore, the report analyses the domestic and global economic trends driving device demand and provides company rankings and competitive landscapes covering leading multinational and national consumer electronics companies and analysis of latest industry news and trends in Oman.
Business Monitor International (BMI)'s Oman Consumer Electronics Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, business investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the consumer electronics industry in Oman.
- Benchmark BMI's independent consumer electronics industry forecasts for Oman to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Omani consumer electronics market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Oman through our reviews of latest industry trends and major deals, projects and investments.
- Exploit the latest competitive intelligence with company SWOT analyses.
BMI Industry View:
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering consumer electronics, major investments and projects.
Consumer Electronics Market:
Analysis of the size of the domestic market for electronics products, with in-depth assessment and data covering the dynamics driving each sub-sector; audio-visual, computers, mobile phone handsets and gaming devices, as well as demand for automotives electronics.
Analysis and data of the domestic electronics manufacturing sector. We assess the regulatory and business operational issues facing manufacturers - including openness to foreign investment, infrastructure, IP issues and the global demand context - and their impact on the production of electronics goods, which is again broken down via market sub-sectors.
Industry Forecast Scenario:
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry and economic indicators (see list below), supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key risks to the main forecast, covering computers, communications and gaming devices. Indicators include:
Industry value (US$bn); population (mn); nominal GDP (US$bn); real GDP growth (%), GDP per capita, industrial production Index (% y-o-y ave.) unemployment % of labour force.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Argentina Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2014
- Philippines Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2014
- Mexico Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2014
- Serbia Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2014
- Indonesia Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2014
- Bulgaria Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2014
- Israel Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2014
- Czech Republic Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2014
- Bahrain Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2014
- Peru Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2014