New Materials research report from MarketLine is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/07/2014 -- The global economic crisis has not affected the organic food market. The demand for organic food and other organic products is increasing despite the global turmoil and the size of this market in 2012 was calculated at $63.6bn. This case study looks at the growing organic food market, the reasons for its growth and disputes over the benefits of healthy food.
Report Features and Benefits
- Globally, the sale of organic food continues to rise, with the North American market being the biggest, followed by European one.
- This Case study includes the SWOT analysis of the global organic food market.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The value of sales of organic food in the North American market alone was estimated to reach $31.5bn in 2012. In Europe the organic farming accounts for 2.5% of the total agricultural area and 5.4% in the European Union countries.
The organic food sector grew by 9.8% year on year for the last three years to reach a total value of $73.8bn in 2012.
Key Questions Answered in this Report
- What is the present value of the organic food market and its growth over last decade?
- Why organic food is more expensive than conventional food?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The UK Foodservice Industry Survey 2013-2014 - Organic Trends and Menu Labelling
- Organic Packaged Food in China
- Organic Packaged Food in Hong Kong, China
- Organic Packaged Food in Russia
- Organic Packaged Food in Portugal
- Organic Packaged Food in India
- Food Preservative Market - Global Trend & Forecast to 2018
- Dole Food Company, Inc. - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Organic Packaged Food in South Korea
- Organic Packaged Food in the US