Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Pakistan Food & Drink Report Q2 2013", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/10/2013 -- We remain optimistic about the near-term consumer outlook for Pakistan. Domestic demand will continue to be supported by declining borrowing costs, disinflationary pressures and a general economic development. However, the majority of the 180mn population are on low incomes, which will continue to limit demand for premium products, as will the underdeveloped modern retailing network.
Headline Industry Forecasts (local currency)
- 2013 food consumption year-on-year (y-o-y) growth = +9.58%; compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to 2017 = +9.79%.
- 2013 carbonated soft drinks sales y-o-y growth = +11.16%; CAGR to 2017 = +11.34%.
- 2013 mass grocery retail (MGR) sales y-o-y growth = +23.06%; CAGR to 2017 = +14.74%.
Key Company Trends
Pakistan's Wheat In Barter Deal With Iran: In December 2012, Pakistan signed a barter deal to export food goods to Iran. The partnership will require Pakistan to export 1mn tonnes of wheat in exchange for Iranian fertiliser and iron ore, with wheat costing US$300 per tonne. The first export of wheat commenced in mid-December. The deal had been in the making since April 2012, when Iranian and Pakistani officials held talks about trading Iranian iron ore for Pakistani wheat as Iranian officials looked for ways to get around global sanctions, according to reports in Tehran Times.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Risks To Forecasts
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Croatia Food & Drink Report Q2 2013
- Greece Food & Drink Report Q2 2013
- Kuwait Food & Drink Report Q2 2013
- United Arab Emirates Food & Drink Report Q2 2013
- Malaysia Food & Drink Report Q2 2013
- United Kingdom Food & Drink Report Q2 2013
- Brazil Food & Drink Report Q2 2013
- Vietnam Food & Drink Report Q2 2013
- Australia Food & Drink Report Q2 2013
- Czech Republic Food & Drink Report Q2 2013