New Healthcare market report from Business Monitor International: "Pakistan Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/21/2014 -- Pakistan holds great potential for pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, with the world's sixth largest population. However, poor medical infrastructure, low per capita incomes and the high levels of counterfeit medicines prevent the market from realising this potential. This leaves the majority of the population without access to healthcare, save for Pakistan's elite class who can afford innovative medicines.
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Pharmaceuticals: PKR209.43bn (USD2.06bn) in 2013 to PRK231.22bn (USD2.22bn) in 2014; +10.4% in local currency terms and +7.8% in US dollar terms.
- Healthcare: PKR717.84bn (USD7.07bn) in 2013 to PKR791.64bn (USD7.61bn) in 2014; +10.3% in local currency terms and +7.7% in US dollar terms.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Risk/Reward Index: Pakistan's Pharmaceutical Risk/Reward Index (RRI) score for Q115 is 41.7 out of 100. As a result its place in our rankings has risen to 15th, from 16th previously, out of the 19 markets in the Asia Pacific region.
Key Trends & Developments
- In September, officials revealed that the new government has put on hold plans to restructure the financing of healthcare projects. The restructuring plan created by the former government was intended to decentralise the system in an attempt to speed up decision making.
- In September, the Japanese government provided USD70,660 to Pakistan through the True Worth Foundation. These funds will go towards the improvement of the organisation's health centre in Chatta Bakhtawar, Islamabad. Estimates suggest that approximately 5,400 people from the outskirts of Islamabad will benefit from this project every year.
- In October, Pakistan recorded its 200 th new case of Polio in 2014. This is the highest transmission rate in the country for more than a dozen years, alarming health experts both locally and internationally. Pakistan now accounts for 80% of the global cases of Polio and is at risk of exporting the disease out of the country.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Slovenia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Thailand Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Kenya Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Hong Kong Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Croatia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Sweden Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Bulgaria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Algeria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Nigeria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Italy Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015