New Financial Services research report from Timetric is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/26/2013 -- Ireland has a booming domestic and international insurance industry comprising life, non-life, reinsurance, captive and intermediary activities. The country acts as a major jurisdiction for domiciling head office insurance companies focusing on the European Economic Area (EEA) markets. Many foreign insurance and reinsurance groups have relocated to Ireland since 2008, including Willis Group Holdings Limited, Beazley Group plc, Zurich and XL Capital Limited.
- The Irish private health insurance market witnessed a rapid fall in the number of insurance policies sold during the review period (2008–2012). This was largely due to increases in premium costs and the unfavorable economic and business conditions caused by Ireland’s sovereign debt crisis.
- Ireland has an attractive taxation policy, which has been a key factor in the emergence of the country as an attractive location for the insurance business. Ireland has a corporation tax rate of 12.5%, which is low compared to that of many other EU member states.
- The life insurance segment accounted for the largest share of 58.9% of the written premium of the overall insurance industry in 2012.
- Insurance brokers accounted for the largest share of 58.9% of personal accident and health insurance written premiums generated through distribution channels in 2012.
- The Irish personal accident and health insurance segment is less fragmented and competitive compared to the life and non-life segments.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the personal accident and health insurance segment in Ireland:
- It provides historical values for the Irish personal accident and health insurance segment for the report’s 2008–2012 review period and forecast figures for the 2013–2017 forecast period
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in the Irish personal accident and health insurance segment, along with forecasts until 2017
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions
- It analyses the various distribution channels for personal accident and health insurance products in Ireland
- Using Porter’s industry-standard “Five Forces” analysis, it details the competitive landscape in Ireland for the personal accident and health insurance segment
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance segment in Ireland and its growth prospects
- It profiles the top personal accident and health insurance companies in Ireland and outlines the key regulations affecting them
Reasons to Get this Report
Companies Mentioned in this Report: VHI Healthcare, Aviva Health Insurance Ireland, Quinn Insurance
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Financial Services research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Insurance Industry in Slovenia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- The Insurance Industry in Jordan, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- The Insurance Industry in Uzbekistan, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- The Insurance Industry in Cyprus, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- The Insurance Industry in Cambodia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in India, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2015
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in the Netherlands, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Peru, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Pakistan, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Hong Kong, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-321-1250 (International)