Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/21/2014 -- Although the Philippine s construction sector appears to have reached the peak of its growth cycle, we believe this should not be inferred as a negative reflection of the sector's growth potential. The country's construction sector is still expected to be the fastest growing in Asia over the medium-term (after Myanmar) as conditions that are ideal for construction activity persist. Having said that, the lack of significant progress with the government's Private-Public Partnership Programme suggests project execution risks in the country remain considerable and this is a major threat to our long-term outlook for the sector. Additionally, while the devastation stemming from Typhoon Yolanda could result in a positive short-term boost to construction activity, we note its impact on the overall construction environment in the country will likely be negative.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Trends And Developments
- A consortium consisting of Philippines-based construction company, Megawide Construction and India-based infrastructure company GMR Infrastructure submitted the highest bid among six consortiums for the 25-year concession to expand and operate the Mactan-Cebu international airport under a public-private partnership (PPP) framework. If the GMR-Megawide consortium wins the concession for the PHP17.5bn (US$400mn) Mactan-Cebu project, it would be the company's fourth successful bid for a project under the Philippines' PPP Programme. Nevertheless, second highest bidder Filinvest Development Corporation claimed the Megawide-GMR consortium did not follow bidding rules, and it is therefore confident it will win the project instead. The process to determine whether or not the Megawide-GMR consortium did break bidding rules is ongoing.
- Philippine-based infrastructure company Metro Pacific Investments Corporation (MPIC) is reported to have signed a joint venture (JV) agreement on January 21 2014 with state-owned Philippine National Construction Corporation (PNCC) to...
The Philippines Infrastructure Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and forecasts covering public procurement and spending on all major infrastructure and construction projects, including transportation and logistics by land, sea and air; power plants and utilities, and commercial construction and property development. The report analyses the impact of regulatory changes and the macroeconomic outlook and features competitive intelligence on contractors and suppliers.
BMI's Philippines Infrastructure Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Philippine infrastructure and construction industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent infrastructure industry forecasts for Philippines to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and planning in the Philippine infrastructure market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Philippine infrastructure sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Philippines.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering infrastructure and construction, regulatory changes, major investments and projects and significant multinational and national company developments.
These are broken down into Construction (social, commercial and residential), Transport (roads, railways, ports, airports etc), and Energy & Utilities (powerplants, renewable projects, pipelines and so on).
Analysis of latest projects across the infrastructure sector (covering the transport, utilities and commercial construction sub-sectors) - including:
Market Overview:Analysis of the key elements driving developments, including evaluations of current capacity and future requirements.
Building Materials Overview
The building materials overview provides industry trend analysis on the global and regional demands for building materials and the impact of this on the emerging and developed markets.
Business Environment Rankings
BMI's Infrastructure Business Environment Rankings provide a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors (construction companies, suppliers and partners) in the regional infrastructure market.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of over 40 industry, economic and demographic data point.
Industry SWOT Analysis
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Construction research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Brazil Infrastructure Report Q3 2014
- Taiwan Infrastructure Report Q3 2014
- Bulgaria Infrastructure Report Q3 2014
- Hungary Infrastructure Report Q3 2014
- Czech Republic Infrastructure Report Q3 2014
- Bosnia-Herzegovina Infrastructure Report Q3 2014
- Chile Infrastructure Report Q3 2014
- Germany Infrastructure Report Q3 2014
- Cote d'Ivoire Infrastructure Report Q3 2014
- Central America Infrastructure Report Q3 2014