Fast Market Research recommends "Power Infrastructure in Europe " from Datamonitor, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/23/2012 -- This report investigates the current position and the issues for the next generation of Europe's power industry.
- Analyze electricity demand profiles in Europe by country.
- Analyze the latest energy storage technology.
- Get up-to-date information on the development of the smart grid.
- Understand how offshore generation is impacting power infrastructure.
- Understand how the future power infrastructure in Europe will pan out.
An assessment of energy flows in 2010 indicates that a large number of countries are dependent on energy exports to meet demand. In this assessment "wheeling," where a country acts as a conduit to energy moving from one country to another, is ignored, since the import flow into the wheeling country would equal the subsequent export flow.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
While the pressure is present to develop extensive renewable energy projects across Europe, driven by both public perception and political will, it is likely that conventional generation will continue to be the dominant source of electricity generation for at least the next long-term planning cycle.
To date, the proximity to the shore of the majority of offshore developments has meant that economics have dictated that HVAC transmission technology be used. However, as farm to shore distances increase it is likely that greater use of HVDC will come to the fore.
Reasons to Get this Report
- What are the leading battery technologies and how are they impacting energy storage?
- How much infrastructure investment will be needed to develop the smart grid?
- What is the current status of the transmission sector in Europe?
- How will offshore generation impact transmission infrastructure in Europe?
- What is the future outlook for the European grid and how will it develop over the next 20 years?
Companies Mentioned in this Report: AREVA SA, European Investment Bank, Gas Natural Fenosa, Hutchison 3G UK Limited, Royal KPN N.V., Schindler Holding Ltd., Unit 4 N.V.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Power Transmission and Distribution Market to 2020 - Intermittent Renewable and Distributed Generation Presents a Challenge to T&D Systems
- Power Market in Eastern Europe to 2020: New Investments to Drive Power Demand in the Region
- Power Market in Western Europe to 2020: Increasing Focus on Renewable Power to Change the Energy Mix
- Reliance Infrastructure Limited (RELINFRA) - Power - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Transmission and Distribution Infrastructure - Global Investment Analysis to 2030
- Competing For Share Of Global Fossil Fuel Power Industry Spend In 2010-2011: Supplier Marketing & Sales Strategies & Industry Outlook
- The Top 10 European Utility Companies: Growth strategies, performance and SWOT analyses
- GMR Infrastructure Limited (532754) - Power - Deals and Alliances Profile
- GDF SUEZ SA (GSZ) - Power - Deals and Alliances Profile
- General Electric Company (GE) - Power - Deals and Alliances Profile