Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/22/2014 -- The written premium of the Slovenian reinsurance segment increased at a review-period CAGR of 2.7%. Facultative reinsurance was the leading type in Slovenia, supported by insurers' high risk awareness and risk-management techniques. Over the forecast period, with demand for reinsurance high, insurers are expected to cede premiums to both foreign and domestic reinsurers. In addition, as Solvency II directives are expected to be implemented in 2016, the increased capital adequacy requirements are further expected to support demand for reinsurance in Slovenia. Over the forecast period, the reinsurance segment is projected to post a forecast-period CAGR of 4.9%.
- Facultative reinsurance was the leading type in Slovenia, supported by insurers' high risk awareness and risk-management techniques.
- After the adoption of the euro as its currency, the country's economy grew rapidly; however, the growth was driven by an increase in debt.
- Slovenia's unemployment rate more than doubled during the review period, from 4.4% in 2008 to 8.9% in 2012, as a direct consequence of the recession.
- Slovenian insurers and reinsurers typically maintain high levels of risk management. Insurers cede premiums to both foreign and domestic reinsurers in order to diversify risk.
- Although there were no major natural disasters in the country in 2012, the November floods led to increased claims for non-life insurers.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the reinsurance segment in Slovenia:
- It provides historical values for Slovenia's reinsurance segment for the report's 2008-2012 review period and projected figures for the 2012-2017 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in Slovenia's reinsurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2017.
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance ceded from various direct insurance segments in Slovenia and its growth prospects.
Reasons to Get this Report
- Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast market data related to the Slovenian reinsurance segment and each sector within it
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Slovenian reinsurance segment
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Slovenian insurance industry and its impact on companies and the market's future
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Triglav Re, Sava Re, Swiss Re, Hannover Re
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Insurance research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Life Insurance in Russia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: The Austrian life segment's written premium fell from EUR7.4 billion in 2008 to EUR6.5 billion in 2012.
- Non-Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: The Austrian non-life segments written premium value grew from EUR6.5 billion in 2008 to EUR7.1 billion in 2012.
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Thailand, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in India, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in Canada, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in the Philippines, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017