Williamstown, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/03/2012 -- A unique forecasting tool providing dynamic forecasts and analysis of market demand and price pressures. This is a summary report covering total retail, sectors and channels - clothing and footwear, DIY and gardening, electricals, furniture and floorcoverings, food and grocery, health and beauty, homewares and DIY Superstores.
- Brief review of economic trends and how they impact retail, explaining how we believe key economic metrics will evolve over the next two years
- Forecasts of how overall retail and retail sectors will fare over the next ten quarters, examining volume, inflation and overall growth rates
- Category level forecasts are provided to fully inform growth strategies
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Overall 2012 retail growth is forecast at 1.2% - the third lowest growth rate in 40 years. Best performing categories include food and grocery, clothing and footwear and health and beauty.
Home related categories will suffer the most as the housing market remains weak - furniture and floorcoverings will be the worst performing in H1 2012, followed by DIY and gardening and electricals.
Inflationary pressures ease in H1 2012. Non-food inflation is flat in Q1 and deflation returns in Q2 as the impact of the VAT rate annualises. However, pressures remain in food with inflation set to hold firm at 3.0%.
Reasons to Get this Report:
- Are we facing a double dip recession and what impact will this have on the retail sector?
- When should I plan for an economic recovery?
- Which retail sectors will perform the best through 2012-14? Which sectors should my business focus on?
- Which sectors will be most impacted by high unemployment?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- UK Retail Futures 2012: Sector Summary - Verdict's UK Retail Futures 2012: Sector Summary provides comprehensive and reliable forecasts for the retail sector by assessing a host of economic, social and political factors, and modelling facto
- Retail Forecasts H1 2012: UK Food & Grocery
- Retailing - India
- Retail Forecasts H1 2012: UK Clothing & Footwear
- Retailing in Thailand
- UK Retail Futures 2012: Health & Beauty
- Retail Forecasts H1 2012: UK Homewares
- Global Luxury Retailing: Market Size, Brand Strategies and Competitor Performance
- UK Retail Futures 2012: Food & Grocery
- UK e-Retail 2008 - Verdict Research: UK E-retail 2008 analyses the reasons behind the continued growth in online retailing and identifies strategies retailers should adopt in order to capitalise on the Internet's potential