New Food research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/13/2013 -- We reiterate our bullish outlook on the Russian retail sector, as rising incomes combined with expansion into the east of the country will benefit companies operating in the sector. We also expect an increasing focus on convenience for shoppers in Russia's bigger cities. We highlight our favourable view on Londonlisted O'Key, whose upscale business model fits well with our view on developments in the market, as a potential alternative to discounter Magnit.
Headline Industry Data (local currency):
- 2013 per capita food consumption = +10.7%; forecast compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to 2017 = +10.2%.
- 2013 beer volume sales = -1.5%; forecast CAGR to 2017 = +0.4%.
- 2013 fruit juice volume sales = +4.5%; forecast CAGR to 2017 = +5%.
- 2013 mass grocery retail sales = +26.8%; forecast CAGR to 2017 = +30%.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Company Trends
AB InBev Closes Another Brewery As Beer Woes Persist: Russia's beer sector has been an almighty headache for the major companies involved since 2009. The crux of the problem, which resulted in beer volume sales tumbling by about 16.5% between 2009-2012, has been taxes. They have increased by more than 200% since 2010, and more recently the industry has also been hit hard by tighter restrictions on marketing and when and where beer can be sold. We do not expect things to improve anytime soon, and the decision by AB InBev to shut down another one of its factories reflects the reality that Russia's beer industry is simply not the opportunity it once was. AB InBev has attributed the decision to the tax and regulatory climate and will now operate seven breweries, having once had nine.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Croatia Food & Drink Report Q3 2013
- Kuwait Food & Drink Report Q3 2013
- Vietnam Food & Drink Report Q3 2013
- Brazil Food & Drink Report Q3 2013
- Germany Food & Drink Report Q3 2013
- Malaysia Food & Drink Report Q3 2013
- Australia Food & Drink Report Q3 2013
- Czech Republic Food & Drink Report Q3 2013
- Bahrain Food & Drink Report Q3 2013
- Colombia Food & Drink Report Q3 2013