Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Russia Information Technology Report Q1 2015", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/29/2015 -- Our outlook for Russian IT market spending growth turned bearish in response to the imposition of sanctions in 2014, which resulted in rouble depreciation and undermined domestic confidence levels. We expect growth to be maintained in local currency terms over the medium term, but the US dollar growth outlook is much weaker. Meanwhile, another area where political factors are contributing to uncertainty is regulation of the internet, which could also result in the industry losing its lustre. Our short-term outlook is weaker following our macroeconomic and IT forecast downgrades, however our core view is for an easing of tensions over the medium term, which will allow the Russian economy and IT market to return to a stronger growth trajectory.
Headline Expenditure Projections
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Computer Hardware Sales: RUB507.6bn in 2014 to RUB515.8bn in 2015, +1.6% in local currency terms. A combination of depreciation, recession and demand being brought forward to 2014 ahead of anticipated price increases have resulted in a sharp deterioration of the hardware growth spending outlook.
Software Sales: RUB198.1bn in 2014 to RUB212.6bn in 2015, +7.3% in local currency terms. Demand for software from the modernisation initiatives of Russian enterprises will be met by local and global vendors, limiting market disruption relative to hardware sales.
IT Services Sales: RUB289.6bn in 2014 to RUB313.7bn in 2015, +8.3% in local currency terms. Cloud computing demand is increasing rapidly as awareness levels and infrastructure quality improves, although new regulations requiring domestic data storage could present downside.
Key Trends And Developments
The imposition of sanctions has had a major impact on the Russian IT market, although we believe it will fare better than many other sectors of the economy due to the relative independence from the Kremlin and Putin's circle of supporters of the local IT industry in terms of ownership and financing. Furthermore, global...
The Russia Information Technology Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts covering personal computers and software; semi-conductors, memory chips, integrated circuits and general components; the internet and IT solutions. It analyses analyses regulatory changes (licensing, customs and intellectual property protection) and competitive landscapes comparing IT companies by products, sales, market share, investments, projects and expansion strategies.
BMI's Russia Information Technology Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, IT associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the IT industry in Russia.
- Benchmark BMI's independent IT Industry forecasts for Russia to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and strategic business planning in the Russian IT market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Russia's IT sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes, and major deals, projects and investments in Russia.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI?s key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering IT, regulatory changes, major investments and projects and significant national and multinational company developments.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the IT sector and within the broader telecommunications, political, economic and business environment.
BMI Industry Forecast
Historic data series (2010-2013) and forecasts to end-2019 for all key industry and economic indicators, supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
- IT Sector: Industry value (USDmn); IT sector contribution to GDP (%); value of hardware, software and services industry (USDmn); PC, peripherals and software imports and exports (USDmn); PC, peripherals and software sales (USDmn); number of PCs (?000); PCs per 100 inhabitants; internet users (?000); internet users per 100 inhabitants; broadband subscribers (?000); broadband subscribers per 100 inhabitants.
- Economy: Economic growth (%); nominal GDP (USDbn); unemployment (%); interest rates (%); exchange rate (against USD).
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- South Korea Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- United Kingdom Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- Hong Kong Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- United States Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- Vietnam Information Technology Report Q1 2015