Fast Market Research recommends "Serbia Food & Drink Report Q2 2013" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/07/2013 -- After a difficult 2012, we expect Serbia to enjoy a modest recovery over the coming year, forecasting real GDP growth to accelerate from -1.9% in 2012 to 1.9% in 2013. This will be partly due to base effects after several bouts of extreme weather hit agricultural and industrial output, but also a result of increased exports and remittance inflows. Despite this improvement, Serbian households are set for another difficult year in 2013 owing to fiscal austerity and high unemployment.
Headline Industry Data (local currency)
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- 2013 per capita food consumption: +3.2%; five-year forecast to 2017: +16.3%.
- 2013 alcoholic drinks value sales: +3.0%; five-year forecast to 2017: +15.0%.
- 2013 soft drinks value sales: +11.5%; five-year forecast to 2017: +76.2%.
- 2013 mass grocery retail sales: +7.5%; five-year forecast to 2017: +37.4%.
Key Industry Trends
Heineken And EBI De-merge Joint Ventures: In early 2013 Dutch brewer Heineken and Efes Breweries International (EBI), a subsidiary of Turkey's Anadolu Efes, announced plans to de-merge their joint ventures in Kazakhstan and Serbia. The two companies will complete the deal by exchanging minority cross-shareholdings, which will result in a consideration of US$161mn to be paid by EBI to Heineken.
Heineken will divest its 28% interest in Efes Kazakhstan to EBI while acquiring EBI's 28% stake in Central Europe Beverages, which is the holding company for the Serbian operations, giving Heineken full ownership.
Casino To Enter Serbian Market: It was reported in early 2013 that French-based retailer Casino is to enter the Serbian market, opening seven supermarkets over the course of the year. Casino is partnering with local operator Sodibal, who has also become the official distributor for Casino products and outlets in the Balkans region. The financial details of the alliance have not been disclosed.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Croatia Food & Drink Report Q3 2013
- Greece Food & Drink Report Q3 2013
- Kuwait Food & Drink Report Q3 2013
- United Arab Emirates Food & Drink Report Q3 2013
- Malaysia Food & Drink Report Q3 2013
- United Kingdom Food & Drink Report Q2 2013
- Brazil Food & Drink Report Q2 2013
- Vietnam Food & Drink Report Q3 2013
- Australia Food & Drink Report Q3 2013
- Czech Republic Food & Drink Report Q3 2013