Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Slovakia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/29/2015 -- Hospitals' and doctors' medical fees are symptomatic of the chronic inefficiency of healthcare funding within Slovakia. This is underscored by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)'s finding that even though healthcare spending in Slovakia was 8.1% of GDP in 2012 - below the OECD average of 9.3% - the share of private funds on health expenditure in the country is 22.4%, higher than the OECD average of 19%. This indicates that funds are wasted. Nevertheless, Slovakia continues to be an attractive pharmaceutical market for large multi-nationals because it generally offers significant potential as a location for pharmaceutical research.
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Pharmaceuticals: EUR1.67bn (USD2.20bn) in 2013 to EUR1.68bn (USD2.26bn) in 2014; 1.0% in local currency terms and 2.5% in US dollar terms. Forecast higher than in Q414.
- Healthcare: EUR6.02bn (USD7.95bn) in 2013 to EUR6.09bn (USD8.16) in 2014; 1.2% in local currency terms and 2.7% in US dollar terms. Forecast higher than in Q414.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Slovakia's risk score in Q115 indicates the country has one of the best business environments in the Central and Eastern European region, although its ranking is moderated by its less-than-impressive rewards score. Consequently, Slovakia has an RRI score of 56.4 out of 100, making it now the fourth-most attractive pharmaceutical market in Central and Eastern Europe. This is two positions better than in Q414.
Key Trends And Developments
- In November 2014, Slovak Health Minister Zuzana Zvolenska, of the ruling centre-left Smer-SD party, resigned over allegations that medical devices for a state-administered hospital were procured at abovemarket prices from a firm with political ties.
- In September 2014, Slovakian state-owned health insurer Vseobecna Zdravotna Poistovna (VsZP)'s total number of policyholders waiting to undergo planned medical procedures reportedly declined to 4,960 as of August 31 2014, the...
The Slovakia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Slovakia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Slovakia pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
- Benchmark BMI's pharmaceutical and healthcare market forecasts for Slovakia, to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Slovak pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Slovak pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Slovakia.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View
An at-a-glance perspective on the latest regulatory developments, key forecast indicators and major corporate developments, covering the prescription, OTC and generics markets. The pharmaceuticals and healthcare SWOT outlines strategic factors that affect the basic assumptions underpinning BMI?s forecast analysis, and taken together with BMI?s political, economic and business environment SWOTs, it gives a complete overview of market climate.
BMI Industry Forecast Scenario
Industry forecasts to end-2019 for all key indicators, supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecasts:
Healthcare: Total healthcare expenditure (USDbn), healthcare expenditure (% of GDP), healthcare expenditure per capita (USD), hospital beds, doctors, and birth & mortality rates (all per ?000 population).
Pharmaceutical Market: Drug expenditure in USDbn, % of GDP and per capita (USD).
Patented Drug Market: Prescription drug sales (USDbn & % of total sales).
Generic Drug Market: Generic product sales (USDbn), generic sales (% of total sales).
OTC Drug Market: OTC sales (USDbn & % of total sales).
Macroeconomic Forecasts: Nominal and real GDP, % real GDP growth, % private consumption growth, % industrial output growth, % consumer price index, % GDP price deflator, exports, imports, trade balance, current account balance, foreign direct investment, exchange rate against USD, government expenditure and external debt.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Egypt Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Vietnam Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- United Arab Emirates Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Malaysia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Peru Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015