New Healthcare research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/06/2014 -- Slovenia is facing deflationary pressures on cons umer prices , which will impact pharmaceutical spending - especially as an increasing proportion of high - value drugs is met by co-payments. We have therefore downwardly revised our pharmaceutical forecast for 2014. A high budget deficit limits room for the new government to increase funding for health services, and we expect healthcare spending to decline this year and next, before returning to modest growth in 2016.
Headline Expenditure Projections:
- Pharmaceuticals: EUR720mn (USD960mn) in 2013 to EUR700mn (USD940mn) in 2014; -2.5% in local currency terms and -1.6% in US dollar terms.
- Healthcare: EUR3.1bn (USD4.1bn) in 2013 to EUR3.0bn (USD4.0bn) in 2014; -1.9% in local currency terms and -1.1% in US dollar terms.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Slovenia's Pharmaceutical Risk/Reward Rating score for Q414 stands at 50.4 out of a total of 100, below the regional average of 51.4. This rating has remained unchanged from the previous quarter.
Key Trends & Developments:
- In July 2014, Slovenian generic pharmaceutical company Krka was fined by the EC due to alleged violation of anti-trust rules by preventing a blood pressure drug from entering EC markets.
- In July 2014, Krka recorded a 0.4% year-on-year increase in sales to EUR599.4mn (USD813.39mn) in H114. The firm saw robust performance in Southeast Europe, with an 11% increase in sales - although it posted a 17% decrease in net profit to EUR42.5mn (USD58.19mn) in Q114. The decrease has been attributed to the negative impact of exchange rates on earnings, particularly the depreciation of the Russian rouble.
BMI Economic View: We have lowered our inflation forecasts for Slovenia and now expect a period of mild deflation in 2014, which should help to support real wage growth and household purchasing power. Demand-side pressures will remain absent for the foreseeable future. While the economy is slowly emerging from recession - we...
The Slovenia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Slovenia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Slovenian pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent pharmaceutical and healthcare industry forecasts for Slovenia to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Slovenian pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Slovenian pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Slovenia.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View & Industry SWOT:
An at-a-glance perspective on latest regulatory developments, key forecast indicators and major corporate developments, covering the prescription, OTC and generics markets. The SWOT outlines strategic factors which affect BMI's forecast analysis, and taken together with BMI's political, economic and business environment SWOTS, it gives a complete overview of market climate.
Snapshot of key market characteristics, including total size of pharmaceuticals and healthcare segments, growth drivers, leading therapeutic areas and the competitive landscape.
Details of the industry regulatory framework and key legislation covering the licensing of new products/services, pricing and reimbursements, intellectual property, taxation and advertising, as well as an analysis of the overall regulatory burden.
Focus on government healthcare reforms, epidemiological trends, company M&As, product launches, market entries, FDI activity, R&D, biotechnology, clinical trials and supply chain issues.
BMI Industry Forecasts:
Forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- South Korea Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Sweden Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Kenya Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Argentina Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Peru Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Canada Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Mexico Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Lebanon Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Colombia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Thailand Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014