Recently published research from Pyramid Research, "Smartphone Sales to Reach 1.9bn in 2018 as ASP Drops below $190 - Q1 2014 Research in Focus: Smartphones", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/28/2014 -- Summary
'Smartphone Sales to Reach 1.9bn in 2018 as ASP Drops below $190,' a new Research in Focus report by Pyramid Research, covers the global handset market, focusing on handsets. It was generated by combining Pyramid analysis with information gathered from operators, vendors, and other industry players as well as primary and secondary research from filings, press releases and regulatory bodies. The report provides historical figures and forecasts on handset and smartphone unit sales, revenues and ASPs across the globe from 2009 to 2018.
- Global demand will continue to be strong for smartphones: Pyramid Research forecasts a 13.7% CAGR in unit sell-through from 2013 to 2018, resulting in a 2018 total of 1.9bn units. This trend is driven largely by the projected decline of the average selling price at a -10.8% CAGR over the same period, reducing the price to $189 in 2018.
- By 2018, Asia-Pacific will be by far the largest market for smartphones, with over 54% of global smartphone unit sell-through; China and India alone will account for just under 40% of the global total.
- By 2018, revenue from smartphone sales will account for 94.6% of total handset revenue, highlighting an almost complete transition to the technology.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This Research in Focus report helps clients analyze and keep track of global handset, smartphone and grey-market handset sell-through trends by country, vendor and region. Comparisons are made across regions and across the forecast period, which goes through 2018. The RIF report outlines the main drivers of growth and decline over the period and shows some of the most significant and exciting smartphone models slated for release in 2014. It analyzes both overall handset and smartphone market shares by vendor, with a forward-looking discussion of the projected positioning of the major market players.
Additionally the report includes an analysis of the smartphone OS competitive landscape covering 2011 through 2018. It examines historical and forecast revenue from the handset market as a whole as well as smartphone market revenue, outlining historical and projected trends globally and by region. It also discusses average selling price trends both globally and on a regional basis. The report provides 10 years of historical data and projections for smartphones for 14 markets around the world, with a Microsoft Excel file that contains all the data referenced in the report. The report provides an analysis of the drivers behind these historical numbers and forecasts, based on information provided by smartphone vendors, telecom operators and regulatory agencies as well as information from secondary sources. Finally, the RIF report offers important insights into the differences between emerging and developed market trends.
Reasons to Get This Report
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Samsung, Apple, Lenovo, Nokia, Android, Google, BlackBerry, HTC
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Wireless research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Emerging Markets Will Generate 58% of Smartphone Sales in 2012-2017. Research in Focus: Smartphones
- Wearable Electronics Market and Technology Analysis (2013 - 2018): By Components (Sensors, Battery, Display, Networking); Applications (Consumer, Healthcare, Enterprise); Products (Smart -Textiles, Glasses, Watches);e-Materials & Geography
- Future of the Japanese Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2018
- Patient Monitoring Device / Equipment / System Market - Global Forecast to 2018
- Medical Device Markets in the World to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Future of the Norwegian Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2018
- Construction and Mining Machinery Markets in the World to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Medical Device Market in Estonia to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Medical Device Market in Colombia to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Medical Device Market in Latvia to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts