Fast Market Research recommends "Solomon Islands - Telecoms Mobile and Broadband - Market Insights and Statistics" from BuddeComm, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/29/2014 -- Mobile operators see opportunities for growth
BuddeComm's report Solomon Islands - Telecoms, Mobile and Broadband provides a comprehensive overview of the trends and developments in the telecommunications market of Solomon Islands, including industry and operator data updates and estimates to 2015.
- The Solomon Islands is a small Pacific island country covering 1,000 small islands with nine larger ones. The populace with under 600,000 inhabitants is mainly Melanesian, while GNI per capita is among the lowest in the region, while economic growth projections to 2015 are encouraging.
- Solomon Island's fixed-line teledensity is among the lowest in the South Pacific islands and has receded as mobile subscriptions have increased. Mobile phone penetration, however is above the regional average while mobile broadband penetration rates have increased, yet remain lower than the lowest of an OECD member country.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Our Telekom's operates in the fixed-line, internet and in the TV broadcasting sector and is also a partner in the Solomons Oceanic Cable Company. The SOCC aims to have a submarine cable connected to the major populated islands by 2014-2015. Until the under-sea connectivity to the global markets is achieved, the low penetration rates and prohibitive telecommunication costs will continue to stymie ICT driven economic gains that will be obtainable with faster connectivity.
- In the mobile sector, the second operator, Bemobile aims to increases its market share as it has partnered with global mobile operator Vodafone. The partly privatised incumbent's mobile division Our Telekom will now try to remain the major operator in the country.
- Vodafone moves into the mobile market.
- Submarine connectivity gets closer to reality.
- Parliamentary elections due to be held in 2014.
- 3G UMTS services commenced by Bemobile.
- Mobile banking allows the unbanked to transact financially.This report provides an overview of trends and developments in the Solomon Islands telecommunications market.
Subjects covered include:
- Market and industry overviews;
- Facts, figures, and statistics;
- Telecommunications policies and regulatory issues;
- Major players (fixed, mobile, and broadband);
- Fixed-line market and infrastructure;
- Broadband market;
- Mobile market;
- Broadcasting players.Stephen McNamara
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Zambia - Telecoms, Mobile and Broadband - Market Insights and Statistics
- Tanzania - Telecoms, Mobile and Broadband - Market Insights, Statistics and Forecasts
- Tunisia - Telecoms, Mobile and Broadband - Market Insights and Statistics
- Botswana - Telecoms, Mobile and Broadband - Market Insights and Statistics
- Burkina Faso - Telecoms, Mobile and Broadband - Market Insights and Statistics
- Cote d Ivoire (Ivory Coast) - Telecoms, Mobile and Broadband - Market Insights, Statistics and Forecasts
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Telecoms Mobile and Broadband - Market Insights and Statistics
- Australia - Telecoms Industry - Statistics and Forecasts
- Global Mobile Communications - The Key Statistics, Trends and Regional Insights
- New Zealand - Telecoms, Mobile, Broadband and Forecasts