Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "South Africa Telecommunications Report Q2 2014", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/27/2014 -- Competition dynamics could change significantly in South Africa's fixed-line sector owing to a number of key regulatory and industry-specific factors, including the functional separation of Telkom's wholesale and retail fixed network services, the implementation of local loop unbundling (LLU), expected in March 2014, and possible market consolidation, with Vodacom still in talks to buy Neotel. These developments have the potential to improve competition and drive growth in the market. Although subscriptions to fixed-line services will remain under pressure from fixed to mobile substitution, we expect greater competition in the market to lead to the introduction of high-value converged services for retail consumers and innovative enterprise solutions for businesses.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- The mobile market grew by 2.9% q-o-q in Q313 to bring total growth in 9M13 to 3.9%.
- Market average ARPU appreciated marginally by 1% in Q313 on the back of strong data usage.
- The fixed-line incumbent operator, Telkom SA, reported a 4.6% y-o-y decline in fixed telephony subscriptions in the 12 months to September 2013, offsetting positive growth recorded by alternative operators.
- Total ADSL subscriptions grew by 6.7% in the year to September 30 2013.
South Africa remained in third position in this quarter's update to BMI's Risk/Reward Ratings for Sub- Saharan Africa. However, its aggregate score of fell by 1pt to 52.2 owing to a sharp drop in its Industry Rewards rating to reflect slow subscriptions growth over our five-year forecast period to 2018. That said, South Africa remains the region's largest economy and operators boast a healthier subscriber mix than much of the rest of the region, keeping its scores above the regional average. However, its more mature mobile market means that growth prospects are slower than many of its neighbours and we expect operators to diversify their revenue streams in order to sustain revenue growth.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- South Africa Petrochemicals Report Q2 2014
- South Africa Business Forecast Report Q2 2014
- South Africa Insurance Report Q2 2014
- South Africa Agribusiness Report Q2 2014
- South Africa Metals Report Q2 2014
- Future of the South African Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2018
- South Africa Commercial Banking Report Q2 2014
- The Future of the Pasta and Noodles Market in South Africa to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- South Africa Mining Report Q1 2014
- South Africa Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2014