Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "South Korea Telecommunications Report Q4 2012", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/05/2013 -- South Korea is one of the world's most developed telecoms markets, with LTE launched by all three main operators by the end of 2012. Early data on LTE growth suggest that subscribers have enthusiastically upgraded their services to the next generation of networks. This bodes well for operators that have suffered from regulatory intervention over pricing and their hold on the market. Operators benefit from subscribers preferring postpaid platforms, encouraging strong revenues and relatively stable ARPUs.
- Our forecasts for the mobile market were unchanged, as growth continues slowly and steadily. Opportunities lie in encouraging existing subscribers to increase spending.
- LTE subscriptions reached 8.7mn in July 2012, impacting the market's 3G outlook as early adopters of 3G services upgrade to LTE.
- LG Uplus reported a strong increase in its ARPU in Q212, overtaking KT. We have marginally upgraded the operator's ARPU forecast, but expect fluctuations to continue in future.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The launch of VoLTE services by SK Telecom and LG Uplus in August 2012 highlights the market's strong developments and South Korea's position as one of the most developed mobile markets globally. The launch allows the operators to direct more traffic over new LTE networks, which have already seen strong sign-up rates. BMI expects this will lead to greater demand for shutting down 2G networks and moving all subscribers to next generation services.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Argentina Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Taiwan Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Sudan Telecommunications Report Q4 2011
- Uganda Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Caribbean Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- United Kingdom Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Central America Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Australia Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Kazakhstan and Central Asia Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Japan Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-321-1250 (International)