Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/13/2014 -- Switzerland's growth trajectory over the medium term will be increasingly powered by consumer spending, with the potential for the government to step in and boost growth in the event that the situation in the eurozone puts a sharp break on Swiss growth.
The Swiss National Bank has set a ceiling on the Swiss franc's value versus the euro in the face of substantial appreciatory pressures resulting from the eurozone sovereign debt crisis. This will help to protect the country's export sector from a severe loss of competitiveness and thereby limit the impact of external turbulence on near-term economic growth. However, the massive scale of the monetary easing involved in such foreign exchange intervention could dramatically inflate property prices if maintained into the medium term.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Major Forecast Changes
We have revised our 2014 and 2015 exchange rate forecasts to CHF1.24/EUR and CHF1.27/EUR from CHF1.26/EUR and CHF1.29/ EUR respectively.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Country Reports research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Sri Lanka Business Forecast Report Q3 2014
- Russia Business Forecast Report Q3 2014
- Latvia Business Forecast Report Q3 2014
- Trinidad & Tobago Business Forecast Report Q3 2014
- Germany Business Forecast Report Q3 2014
- Bosnia-Herzegovina Business Forecast Report Q3 2014
- Egypt Business Forecast Report Q3 2014
- Cameroon Business Forecast Report Q3 2014
- Spain Business Forecast Report Q3 2014
- Australia Business Forecast Report Q3 2014