New Pharmaceuticals research report from Datamonitor is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/05/2012 -- The report provides a concise analysis of the macroeconomic environment of Iran, Iranian healthcare system, the regulatory environment for pharmaceuticals and the pharmaceutical market divided into prescription, and generic pharmaceuticals.
- Understand key features of the macroeconomic environment including the political issues and characteristics of Iran.
- Gain insight into the emerging disease burden to identify business opportunities through ranking of major causes of morbidity and mortality in Iran.
- Forecast the growth of the Iranian patented pharmaceutical and generics markets to 2017.
- Evaluate the latest regulatory developments and healthcare reforms and how they impact the licensing, pricing, and reimbursement of drugs.
- Plan your company's strategy for Iran by assessing factors driving market growth.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Although President Ahmadinejad has recently introduced policies to improve the Iranian economy it is anticipated that the Iranian GDP per capita as measured by purchasing power parity will further decline from 819bn in 2010, to 2012, and is expected to be the lowest in the Middle East over the foreseeable future.
Pricing of drugs is under the control of the Pricing Commission which itself operates under the control of the Organization for Supporting Consumers and Producers' Rights (OPCP) and the Ministry of Health and Medical Education (MOHME).
Drug sales are increasing in Iran due to the rise in the population and a growing demand fuelled by patient and physician expectations for more expensive medicines which are invariably patented and therefore need to be imported. The challenge to growth of the industry most directly comes from the burgeoning trade in counterfeit medicines.
Reasons to Get this Report
- What is the current size of the pharmaceutical market in Iran and how will this change over the next five years?
- What are the major causes of morbidity and mortality in Iran?
- How are healthcare reforms impacting the pricing and distribution of drugs?
- What are the opportunities and risks for innovator and generic companies?
- How attractive is the Iranian pharmaceutical market relative to other Middle Eastern countries?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Global Pharmaceutical Survey 2012-2013: Market Trends, Buyer Spend and Procurement Strategies in the Global Pharmaceutical Industry
- Global Pharmaceutical Survey 2012-2013: Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in the Global Pharmaceutical Industry
- Licensing Strategies of Large Pharmaceutical Companies - Weak R&D Pipelines and the Patent Cliff Stimulate In-Licensing Activity
- Pharmaceutical Supply Chain in Europe - Adoption of Direct to Pharmacy (DTP) Model to Boost Efficiency and Optimize Pricing
- Buyer Spend Activity and Procurement Behaviors and Strategies in the Pharmaceutical Industry - 2012-2013 : Survey Intelligence
- Industry Dynamics, Growth, Threats & Opportunities in the Pharmaceutical Industry - 2012-2013 : Survey Intelligence
- Emerging Pharmaceutical Market in India - Strategic Partnerships Between Domestic and International Pharmaceutical Players are the Driving Force
- Emerging Pharmaceutical Market in Indonesia and Philippines - 100% Foreign Direct Investment in Indonesia and Extensive Insurance Coverage in the Philippines Attract Foreign Pharma Companies
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited - Product Pipeline Review - H2 2011
- Buyer Spend Activity in the Pharmaceutical Industry - 2012-2013 : Survey Brief