Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/21/2012 -- Gross mortgage lending was depressed in 2011 and pointed towards a fragile and uncertain market. Key demand-side and supply-side factors have continued to deteriorate in 2012, heightening the need to analyze the outlook for the mortgage market. A lack of funding will restrict the ability of providers to increase lending, and demand will be adversely affected by low consumer confidence.
Scope of this Report
- Sculpt more targeted strategies by utilizing the analysis of key mortgage market developments.
- Use Datamonitor's forecasts to help inform your future plans.
- Increase client acquisition and retention through greater understanding of the factors affecting consumers' decision to take-out mortgages.
- Be prepared in an uncertain environment by utilizing Datamonitor's worst case scenario forecast.
Ongoing problems in the eurozone, regulatory changes, and rising costs in the wholesale markets will constrain the supply of funding. The biggest single factor is the trend towards deleveraging as lenders come under greater pressure to increase their capital reserve ratios.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The demand for mortgages will remain weak in 2012 because of low consumer confidence, concern over the state of the economy, and the cost and availability of lending. A combination of a shortage in supply and lacklustre demand means that gross lending looks set to remain depressed over the short and medium term.
A new forecasting model better accounts for the key factors affecting the demand for mortgages and the supply of mortgage lending, and assesses their relative importance to determine the magnitude of their impact on the market in 2012 and beyond. Datamonitor offers a main gross lending forecast and a separate worst case scenario forecast.
Reasons to Get this Report
- What were the main developments in the mortgage market in 2011?
- How will regulatory changes affect the mortgage market?
- What sources of funding can providers exploit in order to lend?
- What factors will affect consumer demand for mortgages?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Financial Services research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- UK Mortgage Market Outlook: Q2 2010
- UK Mortgages 2010: UK Mortgage Market in 2009 and Future Outlook
- UK Mortgages 2008
- UK Plastic Cards 2008
- The UK Mortgage Market in 2007 and Future Outlook
- UK Mortgages 2011
- UK Mortgages 2009
- UK Mortgage Outlook 2008-9: A Turbulent Year
- UK Mortgage Intermediary Distribution 2008
- Americas Retail Savings & Investments Database 2011