Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/29/2014 -- The UAE's mobile operators continue to compete fiercely for a shrinking pool of potential subscribers. The anticipated introduction of MNP could provide some interesting changes to the market's dynamics as the difference between the market shares of the operators' declines. We expect the strong growth trend to continue for the most part of our forecast period, through to 2017, in view of the positive outlook for key sectors of the economy, including real estate and tourism, during the same period. We also retain the view of continued deployment of high-value service for the corporate and consumer markets as operators prepare for the inevitable slowdown of subscriptions growth as a result of market saturation.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- The mobile market grew by 3.4% in Q313 and 14.2% in the 12 months September 2013 to bring mobile penetration in the UAE to 184.7%.
- The fixed-line sector grew by 1.3% in Q313 and 7.4% in the 12 months to September 2013.
- The fixed broadband sector grew by 1.9% in Q313 and 11.8% in the 12 months to September 2013.
- Market average mobile ARPU fell to AED115.
The UAE remained in fourth position in this quarter's update to BMI's Risk/Reward Ratings (RRR) table. The UAE's telecoms market experienced strong subscriber growth across the three main service sectors, while country's main telecoms service providers recorded impressive financial results for FY12 and H113.
Etisalat launched a 100MB monthly data package in December 2013, allowing low data users to do some light browsing and use email. Prepaid Wasl customers pay AED29 for the package, which starts once the subscriber begins using the internet and is renewed monthly automatically.
Dubai was selected as host city for the 2020 World Expo trade convention November 2013, beating off rival bids from cities in Brazil, Russia and Turkey. This development is a boon for the UAE's ICT sector, which will play a central role in the delivery of key projects for the event. The anticipated uptick in investments and visitors into the country in the run-up to 2020 poses a significant upside risk to our market volume and value growth forecast.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- United Arab Emirates Real Estate Report Q1 2014
- United Arab Emirates Shipping Report Q1 2014
- United Arab Emirates Freight Transport Report Q1 2014
- United Arab Emirates Autos Report Q1 2014
- United Arab Emirates Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- United Arab Emirates Defence & Security Report Q1 2014
- United Arab Emirates Water Report Q1 2014
- United Arab Emirates Commercial Banking Report Q1 2014
- United Arab Emirates Tourism Report Q1 2014
- United Arab Emirates Business Forecast Report Q1 2014