Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "United States Information Technology Report Q4 2013", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/25/2013 -- We forecast relatively strong growth in US IT spending compared with other developed markets over the medium term. Total spending is expected to reach US$588bn in 2013, up 6.6% from 2012, and grow at a compound annual growth rate of 5.1% to 2017. Economic uncertainty continues to be a drag on spending, and there are some areas where sales are in decline, for instance, desktops and notebooks, and some areas government spending due to fiscal retrenchment. However, other areas of the market are growing rapidly, for instance, tablet sales are booming and enterprise adoption of emerging technologies such as real-time enterprise software and Big Data. The US is also the leading cloud computing market globally with widespread adoption by enterprises, including leading the way in the most advanced applications. Although the National Security Agency PRISM revelations have dampened demand for US cloud services in other countries, most notably Europe, the impact on the US market is expected to be relatively limited.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Computer Hardware Sales: US$144bn in 2012 to US$152bn in 2013, an increase of 4.7%. Desktop and notebook sales are declining, but at a slower rate than other developed markets, while booming tablet sales are driving growth. - Software Sales: US$161bn in 2012 to US$173bn in 2013, an increase of 7.6%. Forecast in US dollar terms unchanged. Emerging technologies such as machine-to-machine and Big Data are being adopted by enterprises, while demand for cyber security solutions is also an area of growth. - IT Services Sales: US$246bn in 2012 to US$263bn in 2013, an increase of 7.2%. Cloud computing is the key growth area, but over the medium term, we expect real-time enterprise services will also develop rapidly as enterprises seek competitive advantage by utilising the increases in available data.
- Risk/Reward Ratings (RRR): The US's score was 78.2 out of 100.0. The US retains first place in our latest Americas RRR table, ahead of Canada, as well as Latin American giants such as Brazil and Mexico.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- United Arab Emirates Information Technology Report Q4 2013
- Mexico Information Technology Report Q4 2013
- Kuwait Information Technology Report Q4 2013
- Valero Energy Corporation Analysis Across the Oil and Gas Value Chain Report, 2013 Update
- Kinder Morgan Energy Partners, L.P. Analysis Across the Oil and Gas Value Chain Report, 2013 Update
- United States Healthcare IT Market Outlook to 2018 - Clinical IT Systems and Medical Imaging Information Systems
- Export-Import Bank of the United States - Clean Technology - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Motiva Enterprises LLC Analysis Across the Oil and Gas Value Chain Report, 2013 Update
- Buckeye Partners, L.P. Analysis Across the Oil and Gas Value Chain Report, 2013 Update
- Koch Industries, Inc. Analysis Across the Oil and Gas Value Chain Report, 2013 Update