Fast Market Research recommends "Utility Cost-to-Serve Analysis: A Growing Priority" from Datamonitor, now available
Williamstown, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/21/2012 -- Cost-to-serve has a direct impact on the ability of energy retailers to remain cost competitive and is a key determinant in market share movements. Identifying the prime levers in controlling costs is essential as it allows efficient utility retail operations which in turn exert pressures on levels of customer churn.
- An estimation of the cost-to-serve profiles of UK energy retailers. A review of the key metrics that make up cost-to-serve, function-by-function.
- A review of typical cost-to-serve breakdown by cost area. The need for good billing. Forecasted cost and benefit impacts from avoided site visits.
- The typical estimated UK average cost-to-serve for different metering options. UK domestic switching rates (2007-11).
- UK wholesale and retail electricity and gas prices (2009-11). Retail market share in the UK energy market (2001-11).
- The estimated aggregated total cost-to-serve of the UK energy retail market. Forecasted cost and benefit impacts from avoided site visits.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Cost-to-serve is increasingly important for UK energy retailers under pressure from increasing wholesale prices and a rising cost base.
Cost-to-serve has a direct impact on the ability of retailers to remain cost competitive and is a key determinant in market share movements. New processes and technologies can reduce the cost-to-serve substantially, particularly for those customers where accessing meters is challenging.
Smart meters have the potential to bring cost-to-serve into focus and reduce it. Iterative improvements can also be made in cost-to-serve by changing the payment mix: dual fuel billing allows the cost-to-serve to be dramatically reduced for dual fuel customers.
Reasons to Get this Report
- What is cost-to-serve? Why does it matter to energy utilties and why will it increasingly matter going forward?
- What are the benefits of cost-to-serve benchmarking? How do I best evaluate cost-to serve? What is the need for segmentation?
- How can cost-to-serve impact retail market share? What are the technologies and processes that drive down cost-to-serve?
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Essentially, Hutchison 3G UK Limited, RWE npower
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Future of the Asia - Pacific Power Market to 2020: Growing Demand in the Region to Attract Major Investments
- Middle East Power Market Analysis to 2030 - Strategic Analysis from IPP and EPC Perspective, Investment and Regulatory Scenario, Competitive Landscape, Technical Consultant Analysis
- Global Top 10 Multi-Utility - Industry, Financial and SWOT Analysis
- DTE Energy Company (DTE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Power Market in the Americas to 2020 - Renewable Energy and Growing Demand Entails Efficient Infrastructure
- The Top 10 European Utility Companies: Growth strategies, consolidation and convergence in the leading players
- Grays Harbor Public Utility District No. 1 - Strategic Analysis Review
- Kissimmee Utility Authority - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Chelan County Public Utility District No. 1 - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review