Fast Market Research recommends "Medical Diagnostic & Therapeutic Ultrasound Devices Market (2012 - 2017) - Global Trends & Competitive Analysis" from Markets and Markets, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/23/2012 -- "Medical Diagnostic & Therapeutic Ultrasound Devices Market (2012 - 2017) [By Technology, Applications & Products, (2D, 3D & 4D, Doppler, High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU), Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripsy (ESWL), Cart/Trolley, Compact/Portable & Hand-held] Global Trends & Competitive Analysis"
The medical ultrasound devices market consists of devices that involve the projection of cyclic sound waves ranging between 20 KHz - 10 MHz. These waves create varying pressures on biological tissues, based on the level of frequencies used. Ultrasound has the ability to raise the temperature of a substance when directed in focused waves, and thus also finds therapeutic applications.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Medical application of ultrasound began post World War II in the 1940s, with the first diagnostic application being in cardiology and brain tumor identification. Today ultrasound has medical applications in every area of the body and gives accurate results regarding overall structural composition, based on the density and transmission of the sound waves through biological tissue. Along with the conventional black and white ultrasound imaging systems, the global market also has high potential for color Doppler and 3D/4D imaging systems. The imaging clarity and diagnostic abilities offered by recent ultrasound devices is predicted to give a thrust to the overall global diagnostic market; this will also support other imaging technologies such as Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Computed Tomography, and PET/SPECT.
Ultrasound frequencies ranging between 0.8 MHz - 3.3 MHz have found use in therapeutic application in ablation of tissue. The ultrasound energy focused and directed towards unwanted tissue is transmitted harmlessly through the upper layers of tissue and focused only on the target area. This raises the temperature of the tissue, as a large amount of sonic energy is deposited within. As living cells are not able to dissipate the heat created quickly enough, the temperature rises above the survival threshold and the cells finally die due to coagulation necrosis. Cell death is also caused by cavitation, which is the implosion of microscopic bubbles inside the cell, thus leading to destruction of the cellular wall.
Ultrasound also has other applications in movement detection for security, structural integrity of constructions, detection of wielding cracks, navigation and ranging in military and astronomy.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Body Contouring Devices - Global Pipeline Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecasts to 2017
- Ablation Technologies Market (2011 - 2016) - Global Trends & Competitive Analysis
- Saudi Arabia Medical Equipment Market Analysis and Forecasts to 2017
- Radiation Therapy Devices - Global Opportunity Assessment, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecasts to 2017
- Multiparameter Patient Monitoring - Global Pipeline Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecasts to 2017
- Insulin Delivery Devices - Global Pipeline Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecasts to 2017
- Global Diagnostic Imaging (CT, MRI, X-Ray & Ultrasound) Market - Competitive Landscape & Forecasts from 2010 to 2016
- Interventional Cardiology Devices - Global Pipeline Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecasts to 2017
- Cardiovascular Monitoring and Diagnostic Devices - Global Pipeline Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecasts to 2017
- Medical Equipment Monthly Deals Analysis: April 2012 - M&A and Investment Trends