Medical Waste Management Market (Activity Type - Collection, Processing and Disposal; Waste Generators - Large Quantity Generators and Small Quantity Generators): Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2013 - 2019
Albany, NY -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/11/2015 -- According to "Medical Waste Management Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2013 - 2019", a new research report by Transparency Market Research, the global medical waste management market that was worth US$14.5 billion in 2012 is estimated to reach US$20.1 billion by the end of 2019 registering growth at a CAGR of 4.8%.
Every year a substantial amount of medical waste is generated around the world owing to the overall growth of the healthcare industry and increasing geriatric population. Medical waste is primarily generated in healthcare settings such as nursing homes and hospitals, physician's chambers, diagnostic laboratories, veterinary centers, and pharmaceutical companies. The waste generated from these healthcare sectors can be categorized in four major segments, namely hazardous, infectious, radioactive, and general waste.
Almost 80% of the medical waste generated every year consists of plastics, papers, and other materials that are quite similar to general household or office waste. But the remaining 20%-25% consists of bioactive waste materials such as used syringes, blood-soaked bandages, cultures, stocks, unused or expired medicines, and many more, which are harmful to both humans and the environment alike. Such waste products need to be disposed of properly. Poor handling of these wastes has the potential of exposing patients, waste handlers, and healthcare professionals to serious infections.
Get Sample Report Copy : http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=S&rep_id=2268
The report published by Transparency Market Research analyzes both the current as well as future prospects of the global medical waste management market in detail. It includes an in-depth analysis of the global market along with an assessment and refined projections for the distinct segments of the global medical waste management market on the basis of revenue during the forecast period from 2011 to 2019.
According to the report, the overall expansion of the global healthcare industry with a rise in the number of healthcare centers, nursing homes, hospitals, diagnostic laboratory, dental clinics, veterinary chambers, and pharmaceutical manufacturers has increased the quantity of medical waste generated every year, which in turn has spurred growth in the global market for medical waste management. However, factors such as stringent regulations on service providers are hampering the steady growth of the market since they prevent new players from entering the market.
Browse the full Medical Waste Management Market (Activity Type - Collection, Processing and Disposal; Waste Generators - Large Quantity Generators and Small Quantity Generators): Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2013 - 2019 report at http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/medical-waste-management-market.html
In order to present a comprehensive analysis, the report has segmented the global market for medical waste management into processing, collection, and disposal on the basis of activity. In 2012, the collection segment registered the maximum share of the global market in terms of revenue. The segment of disposal accounted for the second largest share in the market, followed by the processing segment. On the basis of quantity of medical waste generated, the report has categorized the market into small quantity generators (SQGs) and large quantity generators (LQGs). LQGs accounted for the largest share of the global waste management market in terms of revenue in 2012. However, as per the findings of the report, the SQG segment will register a higher CAGR from 2011 to 2019.
About Transparency Market Research
Transparency Market Research (TMR) is a global market intelligence company providing business information reports and services. The company's exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trend analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. TMR's experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
TMR's data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With extensive research and analysis capabilities, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques to develop distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
90 State Street,
Albany NY - 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Blog : https://tmrresearch.wordpress.com/