Transparency Market Research Report Added "Medical Waste Management Market" to its database.
Albany, NY -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/05/2016 -- Healthcare activities are aimed at curing patients, protecting the health of individuals, and saving lives. As per WHO, approximately 85% of the total amount of waste generated through healthcare activities is general and is non-hazardous in nature. However, these healthcare activities also generate waste which may aid the spread of infections or cause injuries. Thus, the remaining 15% is hazardous material that may be radioactive or toxic in nature.
Transparency Market Research (TMR), a market intelligence company, states that the technical developments resulting in the adoption of non-incineration technologies and the increasing government regulation and legislations globally are amongst the chief factors fuelling medical waste management market. In addition, the expansion of the healthcare industry globally and the increasing count of off-site treatment methods have also impacted the market positively.
Poor waste management may jeopardize patients and their families, employees handling medical waste, care staff, and the others who come in contact with it. Furthermore, the inappropriate disposal or treatment of the waste may result in pollution or environmental contamination. These risks can be significantly reduced using appropriate and simple measures. A number of new technologies have also penetrated the market to make this job easier. TMR also throws light on the key technologies being employed for the treatment of medical waste. The working of these waste management systems has been elaborated as under:
Incineration Technology: This technology comprises a high-temperature thermal process and allows combustion of the waste in controlled conditions to convert it into inert gases and materials. Incinerators are either electrically powered or oil fired or can be a combination of both. Incinerators utilized for hospital waste management are of three main types, namely controlled air, multiple hearth, and rotary kiln. All of these incinerators comprise both primary as well as secondary combustion chambers for ensuring an optimal combustion.
Non-Incineration Technology: This treatment incorporates four key processes, namely chemical, thermal, biological, and irradiative. Non-incineration technologies majorly employee chemical as well as thermal processes. The key aim of this treatment technology is the decontamination of waste by destroying of the pathogens.
Microwave Irradiation: This technology is based upon the principle of generating high frequency waves inside of a microwave. The waves cause the vibration of the particles present within the waste material and thus generate heat. This heat kills all the pathogens present within the waste material.
Plasma Pyrolysis: This technology is a state-of-the-art technology employed for the safe disposal of medical waste. This technology is extremely eco-friendly and converts organic waste into by-products, which are then commercially used. The extreme heat generated by plasma results in the disposal of all kinds of wastes including biomedical waste, municipal solid waste, and hazardous waste in a reliable and safe manner.
Autoclaving: This technology works on the principle of a standard pressure cooker and involves the utilization of heat at extremely high temperatures. The steam generated at high temperatures kills all microorganisms in the medical waste. Autoclaving is of three main types, namely pre-vacuum, retort, and gravity.
Request For Sample: http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=S&rep_id=2268
The market for medical waste management is poised to experience exponential growth owing to a plethora of treatment technologies available in the market for medical waste management. However, the soaring costs of initial investments of these technologies may have a negative impact on the growth of the market.
Mr. Sudip S
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street,
NY - 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free 866-552-3453