New Medical Devices market report from GlobalData: "MediPoint: Bone Grafts and Substitutes - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/14/2014 -- Although autograft is still perceived as the gold-standard material in bone grafting, the wide array of alternatives available in the market has resulted in a gradual shift towards increased adoption of bone grafts and substitutes (BGS), especially in the US and European markets. In contrast to the general picture in developed countries, autograft bone still represents the most popular option during bone grafting in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region and South America.
The market for BGS is characterized by rapid technological change, frequent new introductions, changes in customers' demands and evolving industry standards. An example is the industry's recent re-evaluation of the expanding utilization of BMPs. Moving forward, the shift to lower-dosed BMPs is expected to be accompanied with continued rise in the sales volume of synthetic bone substitutes in all markets, and increased adoption of cell-based matrices in the US market. Since BGS companies have uncovered new ways of using their technologies to find synergies with spine hardware products, and orthopedic implants to deliver better therapeutic outcomes, future access in the market will hinge on suppliers positioning their products as part of a broader therapy system for bone repair that includes multiple offerings. Meanwhile, companies will need to understand two basic driving forces in the global BGS arena - surgeons who continuously seek improved patient outcomes and healthcare systems who become increasingly concerned about the economics.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Questions Answered
- Given the negative media literature surrounding Medtronic's INFUSE Bone Graft, surgeons now hold varied opinions regarding the BMP products. (Q).What are surgeons' attitudes about the cost-effectiveness of BMP/growth factor products? (Q).How will the overall BGS market evolve following the continuing revenue decline in the BMP/growth factor segment?
- As health executives are scrutinizing purchases and using multiple channels to procure biologics at highly competitive prices, surgeon's preference is no longer considered the top priority in many hospitals' decision-making process. (Q).How are governments' cost-containment measures affecting the utilization of different types of BGS products?
- Currently, in the BGS market, the lack of reliable studies to demonstrate products' efficacy in human clinical settings has led to many surgeons reluctant to adopt newly-launched biological products. (Q).What are the current adoption levels of different types of BGS products?
- Cell-based matrices have received increased enthusiasm in the US market. Yet ongoing scrutiny of the segment may have a negative impact on future growth of this segment. (Q).Will the cell-based matrices segment benefit from declining utilization of BMP/growth factor products? (Q).How are companies strategically responding to this attractive segment?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Medical Devices research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- MediPoint: Bone Grafts and Substitutes - US Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Total Shoulder Replacement - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Total Ankle Replacement - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Total Wrist Reconstruction - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts
- Dental Biomaterials Market Outlook in BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) to 2018
- MediPoint: Total Shoulder Replacement - EU Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Total Shoulder Replacement - APAC Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Trauma Fixation - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Drug-Eluting Balloons - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Total Shoulder Replacement - South American Analysis and Market Forecasts
Copyright © 2005-2014 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)