Naperville, IL -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/04/2013 -- Reportstack, provider of premium market research reports announces the addition of MediPoint: Breast Cancer Imaging - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts market report to its offering
MediPoint: Breast Cancer Imaging - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts
Breast cancer is the most common form of cancer in women in both the developed and developing world, but is a rare disease in men. The global incidence of breast cancer is increasing due to an increased lifespan and increasing adoption of western lifestyle risk factors. Early diagnosis of breast cancer is the foundation for increasing survival rates and diagnostic imaging is the most widely used technique to achieve early detection, making diagnostic imaging a cornerstone of breast cancer control.
Diagnostic imaging is used for the early detection of breast cancer in asymptomatic patients in population-based screening programs in most developed countries, or for opportunistic screening in developing nations. Regardless of these differences, imaging has proved to be an indispensable tool in fighting breast cancer and has been proven to reduce mortality. This report provides an analysis of the mammography market (in relation to dedicated breast cancer screening and diagnosis), in the US, the 5EU (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and UK), Brazil, and the APAC regions, including Japan, China, and India, and identifies the unmet needs in the market. This report also discusses physician attitudes towards current breast cancer screening and diagnostic techniques, and the future of breast cancer imaging modalities in the face of rapid technological advancements.
Key Questions Answered
- Breast cancer incidence is expected to increase during the forecast period. (Q). What is the cost of imaging methods? (Q). How will changing demographics and lifestyles affect the incidence of breast cancer and the consequent effects on screening and diagnosis using imaging techniques?
- Tomosynthesis is becoming more popular, as companies promote their products and radiologists demand technology that improves cancer detection. (Q). What is the current perception and adoption of this technique and other nascent techniques in the major markets? (Q). Will tomosynthesis become the gold-standard in the forecast period?
- There are a few significant unmet needs. (Q). What are these unmet needs? (Q). How can device manufacturers differentiate themselves from the competition? (Q). What is the scope for more innovation and what are radiologists looking for in their products?
- The global breast cancer imaging market is a mature industry with complex dynamics. The dynamics of this industry vary greatly from one market to another. (Q). Which countries expect to see the most adoption and what are the hurdles?
Reasons to buy
- What Physicians Think quotes provide a unique insight into how healthcare professionals are reacting to events within the industry, and what their responses could mean for industry strategists. In this report you will understand the perceptions of leading breast radiologists from around the world. This information is essential for all strategic decision makers in every organization allowing them to act on high quality information.
Koninklijke Philips Electronics
Fujifilm Medical Systems
Internazionale Medico Scientifica (IMS)
Konica Minolta Medical Imaging
Aurora Imaging Technology
Imaging Diagnostic Systems
Allengers Medical Systems
To view the table of contents for this market research report please visit