Naperville, IL -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/04/2013 -- Reportstack, provider of premium market research reports announces the addition of MediPoint: Cervical Total Disc Replacement - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts market report to its offering
MediPoint: Cervical Total Disc Replacement - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts
Symptomatic cervical disc disease (SCDD) is a degenerative condition of the spine that, in certain instances, can cause debilitating pain and neurological dysfunction. For the past fifty years, anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (ACDF) was the hallmark surgical intervention for this condition that provided excellent pain relief and outcomes in patients where more conservative therapies failed. However, as follow-up of patients who had undergone the procedure grew, surgeons discovered that similar symptomatic degeneration present at the treated level pre-operatively became evident, in the long term, at adjacent levels post-operatively. It was believed that the procedures fusion of adjacent vertebrae prompted the emergence of this adjacent-level disease. Cervical total disc replacements (C-TDR) were invented to replace the intervertebral disc as well as restore the lost motion.
Since the early 2000s, several devices have entered the international markets with a variety of design configurations, compositions, and indications. This report provides comprehensive analysis on the current and future performances of these competitors in nine major markets including the United States (US), the five major European markets, India, China, and Brazil. Additionally, the report provides actionable insights for existing or future competitors by identifying those unmet needs and opportunities that could transform them into a market leader.
Key Questions Answered
- The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved two C-TDR devices in 2012 and is expected to approve two more in 2013. (Q).How will the adoption of C-TDR devices in the US market change with the influx on new competition into the market? (Q).How will this adoption be affected by the impending FDA approval of the double level disc replacement indication?
- C-TDR devices have been approved and sold in major international markets since the early 2000s. (Q).Which countries are expected to see a rapid adoption of these devices through 2018 and why?
- The results of certain landmark clinical investigations were released in 2012 and more are expected to be published in 2013. (Q).What are the most important C-TDR clinical trials to follow in 2013 and how will their results impact the future adoption of these devices?
- Device manufacturers differentiate their products through variations in composition and design. (Q).Which features of C-TDR devices are most desirable by surgeons?
- The non-inferiority of C-TDR technology to ACDF procedures has been sufficiently explored and validated. However there are several key investigations left, that if positive results were produced, could lead to a significant competitive advantage for particular companies and the industry overall. (Q).How can device manufacturers address these opportunities in the C-TDR market to differentiate themselves from the competition?
- Overview of symptomatic cervical disc disease, including epidemiology, etiology, diagnosis, pathology, conservative treatment techniques and surgical interventions.
- Annualized Cervical Total Disc Replacement market revenue, annual cost of the device, and procedure volume data from 2009-2011 and forecast for seven years to 2018.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, identification of unmet needs, reimbursement considerations, and implications for the cervical total disc replacement market.
- Pipeline analysis: Coverage of cervical total disc replacements that are currently under research and development or under investigation.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global cervical total disc replacement market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, opportunities, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications
Reasons to buy
- "What Physicians Think quotes provide a unique insight into how healthcare professionals are reacting to events within the industry, and what their responses could mean for industry strategists. In this report you will understand the perceptions of leading Spinal Surgeons, Orthopedic Surgeons, and Neurosurgeons from around the world. This information is essential for all strategic decision makers in every organization allowing them to act on high quality information.
DePuy Synthes Spine
Medtronic Sofamor Danek
To view the table of contents for this market research report please visit
Copyright © 2005-2014 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)