Naperville, IL -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/29/2014 -- Reportstack, provider of premium market research reports announces the addition of MediPoint: Companion Diagnostic Tests in Oncology - US Analysis and Market Forecasts market report to its offering
MediPoint: Companion Diagnostic Tests in Oncology - US Analysis and Market Forecasts
A companion diagnostic test is defined as an in vitro diagnostic device or an imaging tool whose use allows the safe application of a therapy. In-vitro Companion Diagnostic tests measure the expression or presence of a specific biomarker that is linked to a disease condition or therapy. This report provides an analysis of the companion diagnostic market for four major cancers in the US, the 5EU (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and UK), Brazil, and the some of the Asia-Pacific (APAC) regions (Japan, China, and India), and identifies the unmet needs in this companion diagnostics market. This report analyses companion diagnostic tests used in breast, colorectal, melanoma and non-small cell lung cancer. This report also discusses physician attitudes towards current companion diagnostic tests, and the future of companion diagnostic tests. This report focuses on the major test kits that are supplied to pathology laboratories.
The major feature of the companion diagnostic testing market is the current domination of tests for mutations important in the prognosis and diagnosis of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), with the two market leaders being Roche and Qiagen. According to forecast, in 2014, NSCLC companion diagnostic tests account for 67% of the US market by value. While more human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2) tests are carried out, because the NSCLC tests have been principally more expensive molecular tests, rather than the cheaper immunohistochemistry (IHC) test that typifies HER2 testing, the value of the NSCLC market is considerably higher.
- An overview of companion diagnostic, which includes epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines.
- Annualized US companion diagnostic market revenue and future forecasts from 2011 to 2013, forecast for 7 years to 2020.
- Investigation of current and future market competition for companion diagnostic.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges as well as predicted impact of key events.
- Competitor assessment including device approval analysis and device sales forecasts.
- Marketed and pipeline product profiles covering efficiency, safety, clinical study details, device approvals, product positioning and device sales forecast.
- Analysis of unmet needs within the market and opportunities for future players.
- Technology trends evaluation to assess strength of pipeline.
- An overview of all devices in development including clinical study details, design and material selection considerations, efficacy reports, and device approval timelines.
- Company profiles including business description, financial overview and SWOT analysis.
- Coverage of key market players.
- Strategic assessment of the companion diagnostic sector through market impact analysis, future market scenario and company analysis.
- Direct quotes from Key Opinion Leaders (KOL) as well as doctors
Reasons to buy
- Understand the trends shaping and driving the US companion diagnostic market.
- Realize device preferences of physicians who have performed the tests already.
- Access market sizing, forecasts and quantified growth opportunities in US companion diagnostic market through 2018.
- Quantify candidate patient populations to better design product pricing & launch plans.
- Drive revenues, formulate effective sales and marketing strategies and gain in-depth understanding of the competitive landscape.
- Perform benchmarking analysis of growth opportunities against currently marketed products.
- Assess competitiveness of products in market by understanding the strengths and weaknesses of current competition.
- Take a comprehensive look at the markets device pipeline and identify promising, paradigm-shifting products.
- Create an effective counter-strategy to gain a competitive advantage against those currently in the market.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present the best opportunities for growth.
- Whats the next big thing in US companion diagnostic market landscape? Identify, understand and capitalize.
Eli Lilly and Company
Amoy Diagnostics (Amoy Diagnostics)
Dako (Agilent Technologies)
Life Technologies (Thermo Fisher Scientific)
Ventana Medical Systems
To view the table of contents for this market research report please visit